TW200 Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Might be able to drop by Poor Reds and have a golden caddilac if they are still open.
Crowded the entire past year. It's like they never heard of the pandemic.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Yep, Big Horn. I know the place too! Although I'm just a short distance away, I have buddies riding up from the Bay Area on Saturday, so I can't make it. Bummer as it would give me an excuse to get the TW out and about.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm planning Saturday and will connect via phone today or tomorrow. Everyone likes a little visual....

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
Just a note, your bike is 2004. From my experience, the bowel gasket is a modified o-ring style. They tend to flatten out and leak after breaking their seal to the carb body when that old.. I don't suppose you have one? I might in my stash of stuff and will check later today.
It's not a game stopper, you just have to remember to turn off the fuel after each ride or it slowly leaks if it is flat and doesn't seal. . Also, did you get any allen head bowel bolts? This is a good time to change those out too.
Bowl bolt size are M4 x .7 x 14mm. (M4 x 14 is all I think is needed to know as I do not think that small an allen comes in different pitches.). The 14mm length is the minimum.

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
21,373 Posts
SanDue, your large trunk just might have too much free space allowing those gremlins to rattle your stuff around. If you fill the free space with foam blocks there will be less room for them to play around.

The ball peen hammer you also carry back there might have something to do with it

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
where did you get the spacers
Where do you find your shims
Amazon. However, as you can see, they only come in
where did you get the spacers
Where do you find your shims
I found mine on Amazon. But, as David's photo shows, they come in packs of 25. I offered my extras to anyone who wanted some by mailing 3 at a time taped to an index card in a regular envelope. All out, or I'd send you a few. Maybe David will do that for you? Here's the Amazon link. However, looks like they are out of stock. It does include the size in the listing title though, so you should be able to find them locally.
Amazon.com: 18-8 Stainless Steel Round Shim, Unpolished (Mill) Finish, Annealed, Hard Temper, ASTM A666, 0.010" Thickness, 0.125" ID, 0.187" OD (Pack of 25): Industrial & Scientific

·
Registered
185 Posts
I will absolutely share my shims.

I'll check my local bike shop to see if they have the gasket and will pick up some M4 x .7 x 14mm. Guessing at least 6..??

Proper gasket?

GASKET, FLOAT CHAMBER
5LB-14384-00-00

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hope the wench-n-ride is a success. Sounds fun, and if I was in that region/area, I'd have loved to attend!

Reactions: ibdavid

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I will absolutely share my shims.

I'll check my local bike shop to see if they have the gasket and will pick up some M4 x .7 x 14mm. Guessing at least 6..??

Proper gasket?

GASKET, FLOAT CHAMBER
5LB-14384-00-00
Yup, that's the gasket. No worries if you can't find it, likely the old one will still work. It's just been my experience that old ones fail to seal when disturbed.
4 bolts. 14 mm will work, but longer also good too. I usually buy longer and add washer and lock washer. Sometimes even a nut if there's room.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So the fix is in; David will be here sometime SUNDAY from 10am on I think and we have special guests! Fred AND TW-Brian are going to stop by later in the afternoon! Oh my! I better put something in the smoker. Ribs I think....

·
Registered
21,373 Posts
Jerry is the man!
Wil be nice to meet David, another fan of these crazy TWs .

21 - 34 of 34 Posts