TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Sept 15, 16, 17. Like last year everyone can come up on the Friday camp in my yard or grab a motel down the street,unload the bikes, shoot the breeze, maybe even go out for a ride. I do have a nice trail ride that is not to long for the Friday evening if people get here early enough and want to do that.
Saturday get up early , go for breakfast, and try to be on our way by 8am. We will be doing the same mica mine ride we did last year? I can add more to it if everyone is up for it. I could come up with something else but honestly its hard to beat that ride for variety of terrain and challenges. We can return along twisty hwy533. I will probably make a big pot of spaghetti or something (ya ya I know I did that last year) or we can all go out for supper somewhere. Saturday evening have a camp fire in my back yard and sit around talking about how much air we got on them jumps and how we were scraping pegs on hwy 533...ya right lol. Bring your favorite beverage. Sunday we can go out for breakfast or coffee. I'm up for another ride but I understand most of you want to get home. By that weekend the bush in Redbridge should be in full colors and it should be cooler than last years run. Don't worry if you lack off-road experience, we will wait for you and if you swap out that stock front tire you will already be twice as good as you were the day before. We will be stopping in Mattawa for a coffee/lunch and gas so no need to carry extra fuel even with a stock tank. I have a beautiful beach across the street if anyone wants to go for a swim after the ride like we all did last year however it might not be as warm in September. All TW200 owners welcome.
IMG_20160625_124630146 - Copy.jpg 006 - Copy.JPG IMG_20160625_120406740_HDR.jpg

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
I would love to do this! But to get to Ontario and then down to Moab is a lot of driving in a short time.

I hope you host this again next year and I may be able to make it.

Have fun on your ride.

Reactions: Peterb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Greetings Peter.....count Adrian and myself in.....I'm glad that we will be doing it again.....it's a great ride so if you can make it.....see you there

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"I would love to do this! But to get to Ontario and then down to Moab is a lot of driving in a short time.
I hope you host this again next year and I may be able to make it.
Have fun on your ride."

ejfranz If you made it here for this ride from BC I'm pretty sure the rest of us would all pitch in and get dancing girls for Saturday night.

"Greetings Peter.....count Adrian and myself in.....I'm glad that we will be doing it again.....it's a great ride so if you can make it.....see you there"

Robert glad you and Adrian will be joining us again. This is going to be great!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
"3 hours till I hitting the road heading north. :)"

Cool if the other guys get here early enough I have a nice trail I can take you on today.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I am from Sudbury ,you have been to my house to buy some parts l.o.l. .
I don't think the Honda has good enough brakes to slow down enough to let the yamahas catch up to it ,besides ,it's a lawnmower .

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am from Sudbury ,you have been to my house to buy some parts l.o.l. .
I don't think the Honda has good enough brakes to slow down enough to let the yamahas catch up to it ,besides ,it's a lawnmower .

lawnmower lol

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks again peter for hosting such an awesome ride and Andrew as well for guiding us along on the epic trail network. Truly was a great weekend and I'm all ready looking forward to meeting up again for what ever adventure can be planned.

I will be sure to get some more sand practice in to try keeping up with Adrian and I can only hope to be able to ride half as well as Robert as I get older.

When the 4 videos I took finish uploading I will be sure to link them here. Sadly vids always tend to be a bit boring to watch and never convey any of the difficulty or excitment found out there.

Thanks again all can't wait for next years ride or rides?

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It was my pleasure Mike. Don't know if it was the biggest TW200 gathering in Canada but you Adrian, Robert and Andrew made it the best gathering in Canada. Going to be hard for any of us to keep up with Adrian... that guy knows how to dance with a TW. Oh and a big thank you to Robert for the very unique gifts to all of us. Thanks to Super Sherpa Andrew once again for getting us out of the bush alive. Ya post links Mike.

·
Registered
258 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
It's only what a 16hr straight drive totally doable lol.

Was a bunch of fun and i hope to do this every year. Of the few trails I have ridden the Voyager multi use trail network is definitely my favourite thus far. Lots a variety of terrain (even the sand I guess has its charms to some nut jobs lol) but easy enuff to just be fun while still having enuff challenging sections to keep it interesting.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts