TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few years ago I packed up my 86’ Goldwing 1200 and headed south on 95 for 2000+ mile ride. Took me about 10 days to get to South Carolina and back. Stayed mostly hotels. I’m not looking for any awards on my road trip adventure. But I am curious how far people have taken the TW? The furthest I’ve really gone on this bike has been across the street to a gravel pit about a quarter-mile down the road. And that has been very enjoyable. I’m really questioning TW bike capability on a four-lane highway with gear. Not sure it’s possible 2up be a good excuse to leave the wife at home!
Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
The most I have done on my TW is 500 km days but a certain member from Indiana dropped by my place on his way to Chisasibi Quebec with a loaded TW200 and I know he made it back home without any problems. My friend Andrew and I rode part way up into Quebec with him. Ok it wasn't really a problem but we did get passed by a bicycle.
View attachment 160945

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
I have a 14/45 sprocket on my 2006 and I ride interstate highways. The furthest I rode in one day was from Hagerstown MD to Bel Air Md. it was just over 100 miles I70 over two mountain, around the Baltimore Beltway then up I95. I keep up with traffic just fine.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Highways are a bit much for a stock TW...don't even think about Quebec highways. Minimum 140kph or 86mph or you might get stopped for not going fast enough.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
My most miles in a day was 203, just meandering around and hitting any trails or seasonal roads I could find. The TW just doesn't have the brakes/power/suspension/seat or room for 2 up riding any distance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jericho state park in Gorham New Hampshire is TW heaven. 7000 miles of rideable trails. Beg, borow or tow your TW up here, you will not betlieve it.

·
Registered
19,385 Posts
In New England I've walked down many a primitive track wishing I had my bike.
Jericho sounds very inviting since so much road closures were encountered elsewhere.

·
Registered
8,291 Posts
My attitude with the TW is take it with you in a truck or trailer. Settle in to a motel, cabin or KOA and then go exploring. Here in the NE a good idea is to have a bar mounted GPS with the TOPO maps that show all the jeep trails and seasonal roads. A lot of these roads might say No ATVs but with a road legal TW you might be good to go or at least not in complete violation.

GaryL

1 - 11 of 11 Posts