TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Did 158 miles today.
From Las Vegas to Overton, 62.7 miles on 0.9 gallon = 69 MPH, cruising at 57 MPH typical. Never over 60 MPH.
Cruised about 62 on the way back, but have not filled the tank.
Tailbone is sore! Gel pad probably helped...but not enough.

729 miles on the clock.

The pond is Rogers Spring, about 40 miles out. The water is warm.

North Shore Drive, Lake Mead (1).JPG North Shore Drive, Lake Mead (2).JPG North Shore Drive, Lake Mead (3).JPG North Shore Drive, Lake Mead (4).JPG North Shore Drive, Lake Mead (5).JPG

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
If I had one I would give you an iron butt award.;)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I had one I would give you an iron butt award.;)
Thanks for the thought.
Since I refueled in Overton, I had plenty of fuel for going on a side trip to Valley of Fire State Park, but my tail bone was already sore at the 75 mile mark...and I did not want the sun in my eyes returning home to the west, since my full helmet has no visor.

Before going that distance (seems strange to label 158 miles as "distance", since I did 460 mile days on my Bonneville) again, I need a different seat. Wish I could get a Seat Concepts already mounted on a pan.

Reactions: JerseyJeeper

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Placerlode probably still has them cheaper than you can get them from the company. You can easily staple it on in less than an hour. I've got a bad hip and it made a world of difference for me.
Thanks for the thought.
Since I refueled in Overton, I had plenty of fuel for going on a side trip to Valley of Fire State Park, but my tail bone was already sore at the 75 mile mark...and I did not want the sun in my eyes returning home to the west, since my full helmet has no visor.

Before going that distance (seems strange to label 158 miles as "distance", since I did 460 mile days on my Bonneville) again, I need a different seat. Wish I could get a Seat Concepts already mounted on a pan.

Reactions: Tweaker

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Placerlode probably still has them cheaper than you can get them from the company. You can easily staple it on in less than an hour. I've got a bad hip and it made a world of difference for me.
I am mechanical, but not at all artistic and would rather have it stapled on by someone more talented...or mount a Bonneville touring seat?! :rolleyes:

21 May 2013.JPG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts