TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Rocky" decided he'd spend a few weeks in Arizona so we met up for a ride and showed him a little taste of what Arizona has to offer! I think he enjoyed it...60 sum-thin miles of pavement, dirt, easy forest roads, rocky trails, breath taking views and just beautiful weather conditions. We were at the top of Aztec peak, about 7700 ft, and it was a bit chilly considering it was 90 in the valley. Very windy after lunch but it still made for a perfect day. Great people and made new friends. Had to cut a tree down that has been blocking the trail for the last 5 months. Dont tell anyone.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Another great TWAT ride (TWs on Arizona Trails). It was the most fun I've had on a motorcycle in 20 years. Here are some of my photos from yesterdays ride.

Chip

·
Registered
150 Posts
I can't go anywhere next weekend as I have to stay in town for work as I'm on call all week....

I'm thinking a future trip towards Harquala Peak may be fun....

I'll get my photos up shortly...

·
Registered
13,239 Posts
Thanks for sharing photo's of another good weekend ride. I bet Kermit had fun too!

With the photo's of the different front tire's, can you provide some comparison comments. From what I've been reading, I'm leaning towards the Kenda 270, and it looks like xdac has one.

Oh, and by the way, tell Rocky he ain't missing nothing back home...it's raining/snowing...again!

·
Registered
540 Posts
6 TW's ranging from vintage 1987 to the newer 2010 models. We rode from and elevation of 2500 feet to over 7700 feet and suprisingly they all performed well. Mine the 87, I rejetted a couple weeks ago to be alittle fat & I did notice some- but heck we had an elevation swing of 1 mile. Great machines for only 200cc. The terrain was everything from paved roads to rocks, shale, dirt trails and forest road. One of the 16" trees that we came across a few weeks ago on the SA snow ride was still blocking the road. Tim broght a chain saw and made short work of that. We also came across some very fresh bear scat and I was really hope to find Yogi the Bear,but no luck.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks like a good time. Wish I could have joined you guys. Which rack do you guys like best, the small or bigger cyclerack style?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have the Yamaha rack on mine, it was on the bike when I bought it. I'm thinking about the larger Cyclerack for more hauling capacity & more hand holds to pick up the bike.

What is the advantage of a Jimbo Shield for slower trail riding? How easy is it to break if you fall?

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Those are great photos...I am jealous and it has lit a fire under my rump to get my bike ready. Should be ready to ride in the next month.

I noticed there is at least one ricochet skid plate. Are there any others that wish they also had the ricochet skid plate? I am considering getting one.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I know I already commented, but it looked like a tremendous day...weather, trails and company. Couple of questions:

Was everyone about the same skill level?

Did everyone bring extra fuel?

What items were brought for the ride...snacks, tools etc...

Thanks.

Brock

·
Registered
140 Posts
I know I already commented, but it looked like a tremendous day...weather, trails and company. Couple of questions:

Was everyone about the same skill level?

Did everyone bring extra fuel?

What items were brought for the ride...snacks, tools etc...

Brock,

Food & water was carried as we were out all day. Nobody brought or needed extra fuel as these bikes have tremendous range with great mileage on and off road. Skill levels varied. I have been dirt biking for 45 years which is probably the longest in this group. I believe that during our last two rides that every one of us has crashed at least once! I'm glad these bikes are pretty light.

Chip

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Man, that looks like fun. We have great riding here, but the grass is always greener....

Anyone live near Old 66 in the Flag-to-2Guns vicinity? I wanna show Purple some of the back country in that area if time permits on our 66 trip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Man, that looks like fun. We have great riding here, but the grass is always greener....

Anyone live near Old 66 in the Flag-to-2Guns vicinity? I wanna show Purple some of the back country in that area if time permits on our 66 trip.

I live down in Scottsdale, but if you give me about a 2 day heads up before you're going to be there perhaps I can trailer up and meet up. I'm about 2-3 hours away from there.

Chip

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
I live down in Scottsdale, but if you give me about a 2 day heads up before you're going to be there perhaps I can trailer up and meet up. I'm about 2-3 hours away from there.

Chip

That would be great. We'll be posting in here as we go along, and if anyone wants to hang with us on short notice like that we'd be grateful for the company.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts