TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Northwest Passage with Outlaws Two

Oh Ya, this ride is going to happen again. Oct. 28th. 9am. We have attempted to ride this road and have gotten lost two out of four times. Google earth fails to show a connection between Bully Choop Rd. and East County Line Rd. We believe there is a natural time wrinkle at the end of Bully Choop Rd. and the beginning of East County Line Rd.

The ride consists of 30 miles of county paved roads and 70 miles of old logging roads. There will be a pleasant ride through whiskey town national park. Take a gander at the Glory hole ( lake safety overflow spillway ). Pretty cool. Last but not least, six miles of mule town road. We find jeep parts on this "road"! Ha. The TWs just eat it up.

We're not expecting any one to participate but , if your judgement is weak, we will host from the SanDue Ranch. If your here at meal times you will be feed, this is true any time actually. Pack your own lunch. Bring your campers, trailers, hammocks, etc. will send you directions upon your request.

Would sure feel safer if Gerry were to lead this ride. If he doesn't then it will be his fault if we get lost, die, rot, and blow away! Nothing but rusting TWs at the end of Bully Choop Rd. in the time warp arena! Dirts a Flyen. SanDue:rolleyes: :D

Attachments

·
Registered
20,364 Posts
Will you be going to the tops of Lookout Peak and Bully Choop Mountain?
Could make for an adventure too good for other NorCal Nutjobs to pass up, might be last chance before the weather turns sour.
Dan & Sue, don’t accept any lame excuses like they are too busy carving pumpkins.
Ride is just west of Redding, California

I found connection to East County Line Road but where is South County Line Road?
I did find a Wild Woody and a Deer Lick road up there.​Just what are the women folk feeding their men up there anyways?

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
In recalling my past experience, it seemed I missed the opening of the time-warp portal. Jo Mama, my beacon for many miles was repositioned due to a changing of the guard. I must have been peeing in the woods cause by the next turn not a sole was in sight. When Sue puts her bike in gear you keep-up or parish. Pulled out my 9mm and tried to hold it steady against my temple. A trembling hand netted nothing but misses, but the noise brought Dan to the rescue. Given last year's rain, not sure we can even count on their being a Mule Town road. For those really needing to breath "air" might suggest you bring a dust-mask. Could suggest Dan may pretend to be lost, but with Dan it could go either way. A great ride, still suggest survival gear. Fred leads rides thru 'Hell's Half Acre' SanDue opts for the 'Bermuda Triangle'. Might just give it another try :eek: .

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
East County Rd. Is the correct Rd. Thanks Fred. Now you realize my problem. We are directionally illiterate. Dan got lost in Wal-Mart one time, for real. Haha. With Gerry at the helm we stand a better chance of survival. There should be some dramatic fall colors of the deciduous oak trees.

·
Registered
20,364 Posts
Looks like East County Line runs right along the ridge line that Bully Choop Mountain rises from.
Better get Gerry as a guide, or maybe just take the TWs roaring through Walmart like they do in British Columbia.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I had a great time riding with the outlaws on one of the attempts to find the passage. I am sure going to try to make this ride again. This time I will be back in the 99%. I now have my senior citizen national park pass for Moonshine Lake National Park. I hope a few others will be able to join this fun ride.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Rain in the forecast. Suppose to receive half inch of rain come this Thursday. Should settle the dust on the logging road. Temps are predicted to be high of Ninty degrees. Low temps. of forty five degrees. The sky's are clear and the fires are going out. We're thinking excellent weather for the ride! Since Dan is no longer allowed around gas stoves, maybe we"ll order Round Table Pizza and beer for dinner. Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Dan actually was inside a flame cloud briefly. He was lucky to not have recieved worse flash burns. So keeping a pitcher of beer ready to toss on him sounds like a good idea.
I'll bring an extra growler of Boont Beer! If Dan goes pyro again, just grab beer, shake vigorously & direct beer stream with thumb over top!

Looks like I'm in! :cool: m.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Just saw this post about ride. I can be a little slow on reading about upcoming rides. I'm in! Still haven't taken the black widow out of back of pickup truck. I'll be dragging the r-pod behind me again. Is the road into your place a little smoother than that mile long road to last campground of Fred ride? I'll bring the growlers of beer to put out any Dan fires that might happen. :pSo coming in Friday nite and leaving sunday okay?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
So is this a ride I could safely ride 2up or would parts of it not be recommended for rider on back? What elevation is ride area? Send me directions to your place when you can. I'll talk to Angel and see if she is interested in riding 2up. Either way I'll be there unless major storm rolls in....lol.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Sue notified our local fire department about my BBQ practices and they put me on their watch list. Sue signed me up for a Smoky the Bear fire prevention classes. I agreed to go because I thought she said "Smokes and Beer classes".

Evan ------- No problem riding double. We could sure use an angel in the group! Elevation 600ft. To 6500ft.

Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Dan's been praying for high winds, very low temperatures with snow and rain. What does he get? Temperatures predicted 55' to 90' with no wind and clear sky's. We still recommend Evan getting some motorcycle pants. The last two group rides he froze his ass off! Angel will not be able to ward off the chill factor, regardless of how hot she is! Dirts a Flyen SanDue. :rolleyes::D

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Angle.....LOL. We should all call her that and see if she notices. I grabbed the wrong jeans last ride and of course the jeans I grabbed had a big tear at the right knee. My legs really don't ever get cold. I do tend to underdress for riding. Something about riding a motorcycle in jeans and tee shirt that I love. Of course when I wreck I won't be loving it as much. The only time I've really been hurt riding a motorcycle was when was on a "easy fred ride" and my toes decided to hit a big rock. Damn that hurt. Trying to load your motorcycle back up in truck with 3 purple toes ain't too fun. Remember that ride Fred? I think Adam and another guy were riding with us.

·
Registered
20,364 Posts
Wasn’t that our second ride together Mike?
Adam-in-Nevada had led us through El Dorado Canyon outside Virginia City in the early winter.
I recall having a terrible time loading my bike into a pick-up as my wood ramps were covered in ice. I ended up having to use staple gun to blast enough long staples through the ice in order to load the bike. I still have some of those staples sticking out.

Northwest Passage should be much warmer though.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Somehow I missed this thread until now, I wanna go! But, My daughter and her boyfriend may be coming in for a visit that weekend. I will try and gently suggest the first weekend in Nov instead especially because they have not made it a definite visit yet. I'll update.

If I can make it I will bring the "elixer" hors d'oeuvre, a backpack 20lb fire extinguisher and fire retardant clothing.

Fire Protection Suit Stock Photos and Pictures | Getty Images

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
These are a couple of photos of the summit of Mt. Bally. We could make this 6 mile detour from Whiskeytown Park. There is a video on UTube of Rider21 riding to the top on a motorcycle, pretty cool. It is the steepest road I have ever been on! If the road has been graded for the season it's not to bad, yes it is. It's just that it is so uphill for so long. You just have to keep on keeping on the throttle.

Dirts a Flyen SanDue:rolleyes::D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 138 Posts