1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
19,212 Posts
That actually seems half-way decent, nicely evocative of the original Bronco although with probably only an automatic transmission. I hope Ford proceeds into production with this retro and it has more success than their retro GT-40s and 1950's inspired T-bird attempts.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I was reading the comments on the page Z posted and see that Ford in Brazil has been making a 4 wheeler called Troller for quite a few years. Videos on youtube show it's pretty capable. A lot like a jeep instead of a Bronco but they don't market anything like that in the US. Seems everyone is willing to let Fiat/Jeep dominate the market.

IMG_3127.jpg

·
Registered
19,212 Posts
In Brazil the name Bronco is slang for a very stupid person. Some words just don't survive the "transliteration" into other cultures.;)
I suppose "Troller" would be equally misinterpreted in the states.

·
Registered
134 Posts
ICON makes some really neat stuff, but at a cost. They got out in front of the skyrocketing valuations of auctioned FJ40s.

I bet someone could build what they do (minus the really trick parts) for less than $12K. For the mentoring program "Spartan Hot Rod" (Facebook) we considered getting a new stamped Jeep body and an old titled frame. I am not sure we could cover our costs at auction.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Probably not on the jeep. I've been building jeeps since the '70's and have friends that do the same. You pretty much build them for yourself. I don't believe I know anyone who built a really trick one, Currie axles, Atlas transfer case, crate motor, new body, tube frame, the works that ever came close to getting their money out of it. But darn there are some nice ones.

This one was in Moab. You can see the Eddie McStiff sign in the background.

View attachment 13736 View attachment 13737 View attachment 13738

·
Registered
166 Posts
I liked the Toyota stuff like the "Patrol". Never marketed here either. The old Landcruisers were bitch'in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts