TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In order to escape some near 100 degree weather this past weekend, my wife and I drove down the central coast of California. Our destination was the tourist trap town of Solvang.

IMG_0620.JPG

Cayucos, one of the many beach towns along the coast.

IMG_0668.JPG

IMG_0665.JPG

Turns out the nude beaches are the most popular. Some of these bathing beauties tip the scales at over 2 and 1/2 tons!

IMG_0634.JPG

And spectacular views around almost every curve.

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0638.JPG

IMG_0641.JPG

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Solvang -- Windmills in the middle of nowhere. How did that happen? It just doesn't make sense but obviously it has been a success.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Solvang -- Windmills in the middle of nowhere. How did that happen? It just doesn't make sense but obviously it has been a success.
Fifteen years or so ago, it was just a sleepy little town with some authentic Danish history. Now its streets are clogged with dozens of tour buses carrying European and Asian tourists. It used to be fun, but not anymore.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
Hey Brian, I care take here in NY for a large parcel of land and 5 rental homes owned by a guy out in Ojai, CA. Are the fires threatening that area right now? I think he is pretty close to the ocean and he is a Marine Biologist out there.

GaryL

·
Registered
13,348 Posts
Fifteen years or so ago, it was just a sleepy little town with some authentic Danish history. Now its streets are clogged with dozens of tour buses carrying European and Asian tourists. It used to be fun, but not anymore.

There is something gorgeous about the coast.

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Brian, I care take here in NY for a large parcel of land and 5 rental homes owned by a guy out in Ojai, CA. Are the fires threatening that area right now? I think he is pretty close to the ocean and he is a Marine Biologist out there.

GaryL
Hi Gary,

Ojai is about another hour or so further down the coast from Solvang and is north of Ventura.

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.5188533,-119.6387168,9.74z

It looks like there are a number of fires further south between Los Angeles and San Diego, but it looks like Ojai should be okay (for now, at least).

CAL FIRE - California Statewide Fire Map

Brian

·
Registered
8,305 Posts

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1 - 11 of 11 Posts