TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i need to know if you have to use motorcycle oil or if regular oil is fine? Someone told me that if you use regular car oil that it will ruin your motor.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
The right answer is: Use motorcycle specific motor oil,most will say to use a quality synthetic for better shifting,better cooling etc.. Make sure it is JASO MA labeled.

Now,another answer is: Use whatever you like.....just make sure it does not have the energy conserving star burst label....it has friction modifiers...ok for a car/truck...bad for a wet clutch vehicle.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys, will do from here on out. I ran about 400 miles using regular synthetic oil and I will switch it out now. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Just out of curiosity,how many miles does your TW have on it Woodward?. And yes,O.W.T added effective info....correct viscosity for your ambient temperature's and safe for wet clutch(s)!.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1350, but I only drove it with 400 on this oil.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1350, but I only drove it with 400 on this oil. 2010 TW

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Woodward....did you change to a different oil?,if so,did you notice any positive changes in your bike?.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would assume so, since I got the bike at 850 miles. I think it shifts smoother and seems to run really nice.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts