1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
What's your plans with it?

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
It looks good as is but IPO black is an unsafe color, though cool and the seat color needs help. Looks like it needs blinkers. It does sort of resemble the TW. Paint it up like a Tdub and blow some people away. It would be a sleeper disguise. Enjoy the project and let us see your progress.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No idea what "IPO" means. The tank is navy blue. I like the seat color. It's a project. It doesn't have blinkers yet. Or (non-busted) levers, (working) gauges, flyscreen, (non-fugly) mirrors, chain, sprockets, or a whole host of other parts. It's a work in progress.

Charles.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It looks cool for sure but also looks more like a Go Fast street bike. If that is the intended result I think I would put on go fast tires because those look more like trials type to me. I would like to see what that bike looks like in stock form to see what is missing and what parts you might need or want to replace. Your projects are always intriguing so I will have the wife stock up on pop corn and beer.

GaryL

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's an old street bike. 500cc, not super fast. The rims are 16" front and rear, so "go-fast" tires aren't really available. I'm going for an urban ass-kicker, curb-hopper, dirt-road strafer, and general hooligan bike. Something that could work in a mad-max world. Something simple, without plastic or pretense. Just a motor, tires, engine, and frame.

Here's the original bike, as I bought it. Bodywork was held on with zip ties, the tank was full of peeling Kreeme, and the paint job was not at all professional. But it ran, and cost me $300.

Dsc00633.jpg

Charles.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
It's an old street bike. 500cc, not super fast. The rims are 16" front and rear, so "go-fast" tires aren't really available. I'm going for an urban ass-kicker, curb-hopper, dirt-road strafer, and general hooligan bike. Something that could work in a mad-max world. Something simple, without plastic or pretense. Just a motor, tires, engine, and frame.

Here's the original bike, as I bought it. Bodywork was held on with zip ties, the tank was full of peeling Kreeme, and the paint job was not at all professional. But it ran, and cost me $300.

View attachment 107009

Charles.
Nice transformation from a slutty sissy look to just bad ass!

GaryL

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I have Pirelli sport demon 16" v rated on my 86 Radian. I can let it rip. I don't think I'll overdo it. 500-600cc are made for high revs so that bike will go. The fast take offs are a blast.

·
Registered
552 Posts
That bike looks great with what you have done so far. I have always loved the little 250 and 500 ninjas and have wanted one with wrecked plastics to do the same thing you are doing. I had a ex250 one summer and the amazing little thing could go 80-90 mph without exploding.
I like the tank and seat color too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The EX250 will do 80mph cruising two-up, with even a little power to pass. And I'm no lightweight, my 230lbs with a 100lb girl on the back, and it was still doing 80mph with stock gearing. I'd actually rather be doing this mod to a 250. I like little bikes :)

Charles.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The EX250 will do 80mph cruising two-up, with even a little power to pass. And I'm no lightweight, my 230lbs with a 100lb girl on the back, and it was still doing 80mph with stock gearing. I'd actually rather be doing this mod to a 250. I like little bikes :)

Charles.
Sounds great CC and I know what you mean about liking little bikes. I love the TW but if the truth need be told I would much prefer an old Hodaka Wombat 125 2 stroke just to go out and toss it around like I did in the old days. I don't much care about doing 80 two up but ripping around on the old trails with a good running 2 stroke sure can wake up the old spirits. I keep thinking and with my eyes open that I will hit a garage or estate sale and see just that old Hodaka waiting to be saved.

GaryL

·
Registered
519 Posts
Cool looking Autobahn Brawler!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts