TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I lurked here for a little while and figured I should join now that I own a TW200. I picked up a 2008 with 567 miles on it this morning. Only took a quick lap around the hood and put it in the garage. Figured I'd say hi and thanks for some of the great info that helped me decide that the TW200 was the right bike for me.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I plan to use the bike to commute to work sometimes but mainly to explore the backwoods in the UP of Michigan. I'm big into snowmobiling and spend a lot of time up there in the winter. I always say I can't wait for winter and now I can't wait for summer. Only "mods" I plan on doing as of now are the tires, a seat pad and a rear rack (possibly a front, too) to the bike.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Add an o-ring chain and call it good!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, here is my list of things I want/need to do. Mind you I'm a noob and haven't researched these all that much.

Wider pegs - need to research which ones and can see this being nice.

New shifter - need to research which one works best

O-ring chain - first I heard about this and need to research more.

Tires - I spent some time researching this and am hearing conflicting stories, ugggh.

Seat Pad - Just ordered a Stearns pad from Walmart for $20 shipped.

Racks - Think I'll be ordering one from cyclerack.com by spring - then I'll need to figure out which bag or tote will work best.

·
Registered
572 Posts
OK, here is my list of things I want/need to do. Mind you I'm a noob and haven't researched these all that much.

Wider pegs - need to research which ones and can see this being nice.

New shifter - need to research which one works best

O-ring chain - first I heard about this and need to research more.

Tires - I spent some time researching this and am hearing conflicting stories, ugggh.

Seat Pad - Just ordered a Stearns pad from Walmart for $20 shipped.

Racks - Think I'll be ordering one from cyclerack.com by spring - then I'll need to figure out which bag or tote will work best.

The first and the best mod is fix the carb, bigger main jet, raise the needle jet and open up the idle adjustment jet.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
On many TWs, the carb is already "fixed". Depends on the market for which a particular bike is built.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I would get a ricochet skid plate if you are going to use it much off road. The stock skid plate is next to worthless. I have a YZ 125/250 shift lever. It is longer then the stock one, aluminum and folding. I really like the ATV Hi bars as well. It is addicting, most of the mods are pretty easy and cheap

1 - 11 of 11 Posts