TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,941 Posts
Welcome to the forum!! :D
I'll cheers to that! My Honda CBR600 will go faster in first gear than my newly acquired TW, but I just LOVE her! :)

·
Super Moderator
5,134 Posts
A few years ago - (well, two and a bit) - I bought a ‘98

Apart from the rust, it sounds as though they haven’t changed much ….

The forks “clunk” – the gearbox “clunks” when it’s cold – and after an hour or so, my nuts “clunk” on the seat

But it remains the most “game” bike I’ve ever had – that in itself is worth a grin ……

·
Registered
286 Posts
I recently bought a 87 TW
It's heavy,slow,horrible brakes,bad suspension,rusty and looks funny. But it's the most fun bike ever. Some people don't need 10k KTMs the have fun. Go figure. I'd love to ride the TAT on it just as it sits, rust and torn seat cover.
I agree on how fun the tw is and the thought does go through my head every once in a while about selling my 10k Ktm. But then I go ride it and I change my mind real quick. The suspension is to die for, the power is endless and the lightweight feel of the Ktm just makes it easy to ride. It's also nice to be able to cruise at the same speed as traffic without struggling. Last, when I ride the desert or loose stuff there's no comparison either. The tw just isn't meant for hard desert riding. But as crazy as it sounds, if my wife said choose one or the other, I'd choose the tw. Just love it that much.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I agree on how fun the tw is and the thought does go through my head every once in a while about selling my 10k Ktm. But then I go ride it and I change my mind real quick. The suspension is to die for, the power is endless and the lightweight feel of the Ktm just makes it easy to ride. It's also nice to be able to cruise at the same speed as traffic without struggling. Last, when I ride the desert or loose stuff there's no comparison either. The tw just isn't meant for hard desert riding. But as crazy as it sounds, if my wife said choose one or the other, I'd choose the tw. Just love it that much.
I'm with you. The new KTM are so good that words can't describe the feeling of riding it. Especially a 500 like yours. Im just saying that for as polar opposite as motorcycles can be, the weird looking little fatty TW is just pure fun if you have no where to go fast.

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
An old friend had a vintage 125 two stroke with the dual shocks in the rear. We switched bikes one day and compared the TW has perfect suspension. A 2" drop on his and you felt a jolt. The TW was a light bump. I always wonder what would a two stroke 125 or 200 do on a TW?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts