TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone stole my bike and dumped it in a lake. cleaned evrything motor wise and tried best to to check all electric. turn signal and headlights etc all work fine. Nothing happens when I turn key, no instrument panel lights and no power to turn starter. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 2006

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Did you check your battery voltage to see if it's dead? Check fuses?

Zackly. If the bike was submerged for any length of time the battery acid has likely become pure water by dilution.

That's probably the least of your problems. Obviously you'll need to drain and refill the crankcase, airbox, fuel tank, float bowl, get the emulsified oil out of your air filter, etc. Pour a few tablespoons of oil through the spark plug hole and spin the plugless motor before trying to start it for real. Yada, Yada.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
If they stole it via hotwiring it, that's also part of why nothing happens. But very likely your battery tanked if it's not the sealed type.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
was the steering locked? did they break that to steal it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
There is also a fuse link on your positive lead coming from your battery that could be blown. When i bought

mine the guy said the starter doesn't work and he didn't know why. He said it may just need a new battery.

When i got it home i could tell the battery was brand new so i checked the fuse and that was my problem. Luckily

it had a spare in the fuse holder.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
There is also a fuse link on your positive lead coming from your battery that could be blown. When i bought

mine the guy said the starter doesn't work and he didn't know why. He said it may just need a new battery.

When i got it home i could tell the battery was brand new so i checked the fuse and that was my problem. Luckily

it had a spare in the fuse holder.

Good thinking. We all overlooked that, but that's one of the first things most of us probably do when we don't get power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts