TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Plan ahead fellow Tdubbers for a great ride into Joshua Tree and ?? on Saturday November 22 and Sunday November 23.

Kick Stands Up @ 9:00 on Saturday 22nd departing from our spa in Desert Hot Springs: Living Waters Spa / aka Kismet Lodge, 13340 Mountain View Rd. Desert Hot Springs. 760-329-9988..

We have a dirt lot on our North side where we will gather. If you'd like to spend the night at the Spa we will give fellow riders a 50% discount on rooms. Our spa is the real deal with pure mineral water pools and just like the spas in Europe, swimsuits are optional. You can learn more at Livingwatersspa.com. BTW, we were named among the the Top 25 Small Hotels in the USA by Tripadvisor. There are also other hotels in the area just do a google search.

Regarding the ride on Saturday... I typically take it easy and the journey into Joshua Tree via Berdoo Canyon is wonderful. So, slow is good as we take in all the sights. When we exit the park there is a $5.00 fee. We'll have a late lunch after we leave the park.

On Sunday we have a number of options... up to Big Bear via some cool fire roads or to another section of Joshua Tree, or ????

Don't forget we also have a TW200 West Coast Community Facebook page... come and join. https://www.facebook.com/groups/467585590038293/

Jeff (aka JS5Owner)
Here is the group from this past spring ride.
KeysViewgroup.jpg

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sounds like a cool ride. I've done Berdoo in my truck. Fortunately for me I may be cutting my 2 wheel teeth out in the Panamints on turkey day.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Jeff, maybe you can determine which date you are having it. 21&22, or 29&30
Mel
Good catch Mel! I've edited it... the dates are the 22nd and 23rd.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like a cool ride. I've done Berdoo in my truck. Fortunately for me I may be cutting my 2 wheel teeth out in the Panamints on turkey day.
Berdoo is a great ride on Tdubs! Our ride is the weekend BEFORE turkey day so come and join!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Wish I could make it. Stuck endlessly attempting to diagnose a stupid problem with my stupid Kawasaki.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wish I could make it. Stuck endlessly attempting to diagnose a stupid problem with my stupid Kawasaki.
We'd all love to help you KJ... should have kept your Tdub! <grin> About a year ago I got my Muley another stablemate, a WR250R. Love the WR and the difference between it and the Tdub. However, I cannot imagine not having my Muley.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I had a friend with an 08 WRR, which of course I got to ride a few times. Fun bike! Too bad he moved out of state :( I've tried several things on my KLX which could have been causing the issue. I think I might be onto it this time. Waiting on my new spark plug and ignition coil, fingers crossed that this is it. If it's not, I'll keep working on it til it's fixed, no matter how long it takes. I'll rebuild the whole damn machine if I have to - this bike is definitely worth it. Very fun and highly capable dirt bike with a plate!

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Charging the Berdoo trail...
Canyon2.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The group coming up Berdoo Canyon over a large rock area during our Lizrdbth ride... This will be fun to do again.
P1080415.JPG

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
(bump)

Countdown to our ride in the So. Cal. Desert Joshua Tree.

Who is coming?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Jeff,
Is there an area for dry camping with the 5th Wheel Trailer at or nearby your location? I would like to make your ride if I can keep all of the ducks in a row.
Mel

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mel, Give "The Sands RV (760) 251-1030" or "Sam's Spa (760) 329-6457" a call. I believe they both have RV hookups and perhaps dry camping as well. They are about 2 miles from my spa. I wish I had enough room for you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I may actually be off this weekend. It would be great to go on this ride. Never been off road on a moto and this is great country to check things out. I am working that Friday for sure so I'd have to probably drive home and get the bike and drive back out there.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I may actually be off this weekend. It would be great to go on this ride. Never been off road on a moto and this is great country to check things out. I am working that Friday for sure so I'd have to probably drive home and get the bike and drive back out there.
We would love to have you... if you've never ridden off road this ride does have a lot of sand... also there are two sections that can be challenging with big rocks. However I'm sure we can help you get through!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Please post pics up after your trip. I found out today I'm now scheduled for that weekend entirely, not just Friday. Oh the joys of per diem/on call employment.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By my count we have 4 riders and possibly a 5th. Anyone coming who has not told me so?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Once again, Jeff put on another great ride.

The crew is ready to ride!

Jeff leading the way

Checking out the aqueduct that was built in 1930.

Taking a water break

Are we sure that we're going the right way?

Our bikes at the top of the world

Jeff praising the view at Eureka Peak

Really?!?! Why is there a street sign in the middle of the desert?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts