TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Go figure I have been offered $1500. for this rifle I have $650 in the package (hat shirt gun case) my gun guy says it is a hot buy only 1000 and many are owned by Henry and the NRA so $1500. is low.

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Winchester was good at making Collector guns and a lot of other companies such as Sako and Browning also did it with higher grade models and fancy stocks and engravings. I guess if you are in to collecting high value guns made to be looked at but never shot then some of these guns can be a good investment. I had a friend who owned a Parker shotgun that was made for Teddy Roosevelt and he paid what I thought was a ridiculous price for it. I lost touch with him after he retired but I do know he was offered many times more than the price he paid and just keeps it for what ever reason. Back in 2000 I sold off my entire Winchester collection of just shooter guns and was quite impressed in the profit I made from them. Rare calibers were the key there because everyone had a 308 or 243 but not many had the 284 or 358.

GaryL

·
Banned
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a Winchester 94 30.30. in mint condition maybe a box has went down the barrel made in early 1970's .

·
Registered
8,353 Posts
Gary I will bring the TNW 9MM to the big bend so you can check it out. View attachment 66250
I looked into the TNW here and I can't own one in NY so it makes no difference. It is a nice concept having a rifle that shoots and uses the same caliber and same mags as hand guns I already have but unless NY goes red over the next few years there is no chance of ever getting one. I do at times envy those who live in free states. Before you do bring any guns to Big Bend you might want to check the National Park rules.

GaryL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts