There was a lot to like about my V7II, but it was VERY cold natured and behaved cold on a warm restart for about 1/2 a minute.
Possibly an issue with heated O2 sensors warming up...just a guess.
This was my report on the Sportsgter forum, almost two years ago.
540 mile / 17 day report:
1. Love the low end torque...and I am already accustomed to H-D Sportsters.
2. Love the 5.55 gallon fuel tank
3. Love the light weight (436#)
4. Love accessibility for checking spark plugs
5. Love the black powder coated alloy wheels (does not show grime and I really appreciate tubeless tires)
6. Love key access to seat removal (two bolts on Bonneville and one bolt on Sportsters)
7. Love the seat height...not too low...not to high
8. Love the storage under the seat for a small tool bag, spare fuses, spare spark plugs, 6x9 zip lock bag of schematics, etc.
9. Love readability of the gauges...although the numbers could be a tad bigger for 70 year old eyes
10. Love the ground clearance and lean angle capabilities
11. Love the shaft drive
12. Air filter (AP8104924) is inexpensive at $8 - $9
13. Spark plugs (NGK CPR8EB-9) can be ordered from O'Reilly's for $4.49 each
14. Yuasa YTX14-BS battery equivalent is stocked at my local O'Reillys (ETX14), a factory filled AGM for $102.99
15. The 3 relays (headlight on after startup, start and injectors) are the same part number (AP8224462) and are only about $7
16. Appreciate easy access to air filter, fuses and battery, although 3 relays are under the fuel tank
17. Most sensors (and injectors) are easy access (right head temp, oil pressure switch, engine RPM, etc), but some are not (neutral switch, TPS, coils)
18. Seat has been comfortable for up 6 hour days, thus far; whereas both Sportsters and Bonneville seat required upgrades for more than 50 miles. Can better evaluate after a 300+ mile, 5 hour+ run to Stove Pipe Wells in Death Valley, planned for the end of March.
19. This is the first bike which may remain absolutely stock, other than a Dart Marlin flyscreen, removal of decals and stickers and LED tail/stop 1157. I added Pelican cases for side bags
20. Only negatives are:
A. the lean mixture, both cold start (likes 2 minutes +) and even after a "warm" start after only a few minutes shutdown, which likes almost a full minute after re-start.
B. a few things are crowded under the tank/between the heads (throttle body, coil, etc.)
I snagged this idea from the other forum I check daily (www.infamousnissan.com) because it is super popular there.
I replaced my old grips with a nice set of Pro Grip 714s ($9.99 shipped from www.motorcycle-superstore.com), swapped out my fuel petcock because it was nearly impossible to...
Hello I have a new TW around 200miles now. I was to change my oil this weekend but the oil filter is taking a while to ship. Was thinking about just cleaning the oil filter, would wd40 work well for this? Thanks in advance, never cleaned an oil filter before just replaced them
Sent from my...
Hi folks. New to the forum. Been lurking, but just signed up. Like the title says, I'm curious what the dealerships in different states are getting for a new TW. If you have purchased new recently or gotten a quote, please post up the info on the cost. I'm in So Cal and do realize if I buy...
I am looking at adding a hunting rifle to my TW but need some ideas. I currently have a Cyclerack for my back rack and a precision rack for my side rack. Does anyone have any ideas or tips on the best way to secure a gun case to my TW? I have a bear hunt that starts today and...