TW200 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strange title, eh? There is no doubt in my mind that one of you knows the size of the nuts used to hold fast the seat. Could you share it with me please.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Well, they are bolts not nuts, head size 10mm. (If stock).

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I swapped all mine out for 6mm allen heads (with a washer) because in my opinion its much easier to use a hex key to get them on and off.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
As mentioned above the thread size is 6MM and the bolt head takes a 10MM socket. What is molded in to the seat is what is known as a T nut or Chair nut which provide the female threads. You can buy replacements at any of the big box stores but more than likely they would have 1/4 X 20 threaded sizes.

GaryL

Reactions: Hikerglenn

·
Registered
297 Posts
What Gary said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^Bolts are 6mm dia.x 1mm pitch (6x1mm). You must be wanting to change fastener styles? I misunderstood your question there at first.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
I Velcro'd my seat, works great, no bolts to remove. ;)

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Because I was having a heck of a time getting things lined up with the Manrack on Hoot's bike I put threaded studs in his seat and that made it easy to simply put lock washers and nuts on the bottom. No fighting to get the threads lined up because the threaded inserts just popped right through the rack and seat tabs. If I'd been thinking I would have used lock washers and wing nuts.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I don’t even bother to bolt my seats on anymore. Seems I am forever taking them on and off and switching the Seat Concepts seat from one to the other. No problems yet and they stay in place even when the bike decides to take the odd dirt-nap.

·
Registered
101 Posts
The PO screwed long bolts in place, took the heads off and drilled hole in the bolt shaft and put cotter pin threw.
Love it, fast to un-do and no tools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I changed the seat bolts to just studs and use a clip pin on the underside. Takes me all of 30 seconds to get my seat on or off.

GaryL

Reactions: fishguy and Indiana

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
I like the threaded stud idea. I have to snug it down with nuts opposed to clips because it's the forward mount for my Manracks as well. Stainless?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Velcro on mine thanks to Littletommy.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
925 Posts
Okay. Okay!! I am going to change my set attachments. Probably Industrial Velcro. Thanx, Tommy.

I almost make new "extender bolts". Velcro. Perfect!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts