TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished install of a kick starter for my 09 TW. While cleaning the side cover of the old gasket I found a small o ring. I am thinking this to be the clutch pushrod o ring that I found reference too on a search of this site. Can some one tell me where this should be placed. Hopefully not behind the clutch basket. I usually end up doing things twice.

Thanks, great forum for a new T.W. owner

·
Registered
229 Posts
The way I understand it is some used models it and some did not I think its nothing to worry about. I did not replace mine

Just finished install of a kick starter for my 09 TW. While cleaning the side cover of the old gasket I found a small o ring. I am thinking this to be the clutch pushrod o ring that I found reference too on a search of this site. Can some one tell me where this should be placed. Hopefully not behind the clutch basket. I usually end up doing things twice.

Thanks, great forum for a new T.W. owner

·
Registered
185 Posts
It seems like if you did not remove the pushrod itself, it would be impossible for the o-ring/seal to come out...

I don't have a clear enough mental picture of the assembly to tell you were it goes exactly, but I'm sure someone will come along with the knowledge.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Well Sea Salt
What did you find out on the O ring?

Did not remove pushrod.
Could be the filter o ring. Will check
Thanks

·
Registered
229 Posts
Thanks for the update