TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Uh oh... here's some nightmare fuel for you... I am just wrapping up my first TW200 project and noticed an 8 mm (inner diameter) / 10 mm (outer diameter) o-ring under one of my work benches. I don't remember anything I was working on requiring such an o-ring and I have been super careful throughout the project, but it's still concerning. Admittedly, it's been a long time since I've vacuumed my shop and I work on all sorts of other things in there, including mountain bike suspensions that use all sizes of o-rings, but it's likely gonna bug me until I figure out where it belongs. Figured I'd reach out to the tech forum here to see if anyone knew offhand of any 8 mm ID / 10 mm OD o-rings on the TW? Below is a list of what I've done during this project; what I haven't done is pull the carburetor or open up the engine any further than the left and right side covers to access the countershaft and to pack a new clutch. Any suggestions or insight would be much appreciated, thanks in advance!

Josh

tank: blast / paint
controls: rox 2" risers, tusk aluminum handguards, oury grips, ims flightline extended folding shift lever
forks: milled out damper rods, race tech gold valve cartridge emulators, full length springs 0.70kg/mm, new oil and dust seals, 15w oil
headset: tapered roller bearings / races
shock: marvin shaw coil shock
clutch: ebc friction plates, right side cover gasket
drive: regear from 14/50 to 13/55, o-ring chain, left side cover gasket
chassis: remove rear sub-frame, ricochet skid plate, dmo specialties foot pegs
seat: custom tuck/roll built on heavens pan
tires: shinko 244 5.10-18 / bridgestone tw34 180/80-14

·
Registered
557 Posts
See no mention of oil change. Have you removed the oil filter cover? I'm thinking it may be the Oil filter cover drain bolt O-ring.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oh gosh, i think you're right, i did a total oil replacement including new oil filter when i buttoned up both side cover panels and i'm certain i did NOT see an o-ring in that space when i closed that up! great pointer, i'm going to check that first thing in the morning before i head to work, i'll post a follow-up when i know more, thanks SpeedyTide much appreciated!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
It usually stays in the space in the side cover when you pull the long Allen head bolt out.....but not always!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts