TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...and yet he does everything possible to deprive us of the tools to do so. Since almost all mass shootings occur within victim disarmament zones, it is obvious that the solution is to eliminate or at least severely reduce the number and scope of such dangerous zones.

“Change, as always, is going to take all of us,” Obama said.

Yeah, well, good luck with that!

“The president has made clear he’s not satisfied with where we are,” White House spokesman Eric Schultz said.

Good. Leave anytime. In fact, there is no shortage of volunteers to help you pack!

Source: latimes.com/nation/politics/la-obama-gun-address-20160101-story

·
Registered
814 Posts
I have a suggestion for Him. Get rid of all your security people that pack guns for you. Then get rid of the fill in people. Oh, and leave the local LEOs alone too. Then go walk around in the gun free zones for a few weeks. Let me know how that feels.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Don't worry WECSOG, the American populace is beyond it. It's a no hitter. You know all the figures about people buying guns after tragedies and terrorist events? Over half of them are liberals/democrats. So, he can talk all he wants, but it will be no sale.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
First of all there is not an epidemic. Violent crime has been decreasing since 1997.

Second, the gun show loop hole is a myth. There is not a gun show loop hole. If you buy a firearm from a dealer or someone engaged in the business of selling firearms they MUST perform a background check. The only exception to this is if you are buying a firearm from your neighbor, or from another private individual that you found, like through an ad in the newspaper. These sales must take place face to face. No one with out a license to sell firearms can ship or receive a firearm with very few exceptions.

Third, Obama says that the American people want this and even gun owners support these changes. Well if that is truly the case why don't he follow the normal Constitutional procedure and ask for a law from congress that he can sign? He knows it is a lie.

And last the changes he's asking for would not have prevented Sandy Hook. The murderer there killed his mother and stole her firearms. I believe that is already against the law. It would not have prevented the murders at the movie theater in Colorado. That freak passed a NICs (background check). It would not have prevented the six deaths and the near death of Gabriel Giffords in Arizona. Again that nut had no prior history and passed a background check. It would not prevent another San Bernardino type terror attack. They got there fire arms through a straw purchase, already against the law.

I'm sure Obama is smart enough to know all this stuff. I believe most of our congress critters are aware of this.

What do you suppose it is that they are really trying to accomplish?

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Simple, complete disarmament of the American people. This tripe the liberals constantly spew about guns and violence has nothing to do with ending violent crime and murders, they don't care about that part. Its simply about control, they want it and want it to be absolute with no chance of the populace resisting.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Simple, complete disarmament of the American people. This tripe the liberals constantly spew about guns and violence has nothing to do with ending violent crime and murders, they don't care about that part. Its simply about control, they want it and want it to be absolute with no chance of the populace resisting.
Exactly. "Gun control" has little to do with guns, and everything to do with control.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
First of all there is not an epidemic. Violent crime has been decreasing since 1997.

Second, the gun show loop hole is a myth. There is not a gun show loop hole. If you buy a firearm from a dealer or someone engaged in the business of selling firearms they MUST perform a background check. The only exception to this is if you are buying a firearm from your neighbor, or from another private individual that you found, like through an ad in the newspaper. These sales must take place face to face. No one with out a license to sell firearms can ship or receive a firearm with very few exceptions.

Third, Obama says that the American people want this and even gun owners support these changes. Well if that is truly the case why don't he follow the normal Constitutional procedure and ask for a law from congress that he can sign? He knows it is a lie.

And last the changes he's asking for would not have prevented Sandy Hook. The murderer there killed his mother and stole her firearms. I believe that is already against the law. It would not have prevented the murders at the movie theater in Colorado. That freak passed a NICs (background check). It would not have prevented the six deaths and the near death of Gabriel Giffords in Arizona. Again that nut had no prior history and passed a background check. It would not prevent another San Bernardino type terror attack. They got there fire arms through a straw purchase, already against the law.

I'm sure Obama is smart enough to know all this stuff. I believe most of our congress critters are aware of this.

Biggest Myth is that the SOB is actually an American born in Hawaii....anybody with brain intact knows the truth...:eek:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
After Viewing this thread and a few others....it becomes clear, we T~Dubs on this forum would have been banned long ago on ADVRider...O' Wait, I {at least Hoot Gibson} was long ago....:p

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After Viewing this thread and a few others....it becomes clear, we T~Dubs on this forum would have been banned long ago on ADVRider...O' Wait, I {at least Hoot Gibson} was long ago....:p
The only reason I haven't been banned is because I realized pretty quickly that some of the idiots there aren't even worth the time it takes to read their posts. But I have been known to duke it out a bit in the basement.

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
^^^ Crazy Ain't It Randall? Most people have no clue ...

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
The whole thing is about it, guns are run by federal law, what does it matter what state you live in if you have the documentation to prove you are not a felon. Just wish the law makers would get it together and stop playing one against the other.

Just like getting a hazmat license for a cdl. I had just went through the federal background check to be able to be on a dock or port. It is called a TWIC, Transportation Workers Identification Card, With picture and all. Now to get a Hazmat ok, another 200 bucks to get the same ok from the feds. Just another way to bleed a working man to pay for the freeloaders that jump our fences.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
I have a suggestion for Him. Get rid of all your security people that pack guns for you. Then get rid of the fill in people. Oh, and leave the local LEOs alone too. Then go walk around in the gun free zones for a few weeks. Let me know how that feels.
This is actually a good point. Why the hell is Barack Obama entitled to firearms-based security/protection, when the rest of us are not?

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
This is actually a good point. Why the hell is Barack Obama entitled to firearms-based security/protection, when the rest of us are not?
He and his servants/slaves have proclaimed him and Man~Chelle their King and Queens for life...they just haven't figured out which one is the King? :eek:

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Since 2008 when he took over gun violence has declined and gun control measures have been enhanced. Too bad gun sales have quadrupled! He has become the greatest gun salesman in the history of this country. Just go to a gun store and check out all of the new offerings from gun manufacturers that were not even in existence when he became President. Every year all the makers come out with new models and they fly off the shelves. There is no shortage of ammunition but there is an extraordinary abundance of buyers stocking up and hording ammo like it is canned vegetables. All of his anti gun efforts have backfired and our nation is a safer place in spite of them. My county Sheriff can't keep up with the processing of pistol permit applications which have more than tripled since he took office. He is a real wizard!

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
I think what your “Kenyan, pole smoking, goat fucker loving” Leader is trying to do, is leave some kind of “legacy” – unfortunately, as usual he’s making a complete bodge job of yet another unpopular “command” decision. If he put that much effort into relieving inner city poverty, he’d be onto a winner, and probably reduce the crime rate much more effectively than attempting to “disarm the great and the good” amongst the populace.

All he’s going to achieve by this, is to leave office and disappear into the shadows, and to have his successor lauded for reversing all his decisions (which don’t have the support of congress, and thus not written as law).

Talk about handing it to the opposition on a plate.

At the end of the day, he’s weak – always has been. He’ll limp off into retirement saying “I tried honey, but they wouldn’t listen” – whereas the opposite is in fact true – you listened and said “No”, a fact that he is still blissfully ignoring.

Get rid of the fool - and choose more carefully next time ………

:cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts