TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Those timber tigers ARE fierce. And cunning, they will steal your cliff bar right outta your hand if you aren't paying attention.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Anyone else have odd animal encounters while on their TW (or other bike for that matter)?
For some reason my TW attracts squirrels! Lol!

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
And they can cause a lot of squirrels. Aint that right Admiral?

·
Registered
13,541 Posts
And they can cause a lot of squirrels. Aint that right Admiral?
and they store food in the wrong places sometimes. But they are cute until they attack you.

We had these big ass squirrels out back of our place yesterday morning. :p

·
Registered
604 Posts
Ahh. The giant North American Caped Squirrel.

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
What kind of squirrel is this that came by last night? Can't see if he has his cape or not... Bye the way, thanks again for the game camera Dryden T-Dub, it still works, sort of.:rolleyes: UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2324.jpg

·
Registered
604 Posts
The kind of squirrel you don't F with.

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
Squirrel was back last night after checking out the neighborhood garbage cans. This morning is garbage pick-up day...think some folks will have to pick up some tipped over cans. bear Oct8,2018.jpg
Looks like he is on a mission with quite a determined pace. I shoot a pulse of 6 photos and post the best.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Squirrel was back last night after checking out the neighborhood garbage cans. This morning is garbage pick-up day...think some folks will have to pick up some tipped over cans. View attachment 185258
Looks like he is on a mission with quite a determined pace. I shoot a pulse of 6 photos and post the best.
Nice looking bruin! What are the "eyes" reflecting down the road in his direction of travel?

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
That is an old whimsically decorated water tank I used to use to gravity feed water to some aspens I had planted down canyon. It is done up to vaguely resemble like a pig with reflective eyes. Here you can see it a bit better in daylight. It greets all my visitors.
. cougar kittens.jpg

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
Just noticed mom and cub came by last night too. I would like a new game camera which has a faster trigger time, greater sensitivity and perhaps can capture improved nighttime color images. Any recommendations? bears x 2.jpg

Guess dog was right when she barked at 3:30 and 6:30 this morning. How they can hear, smell or see the wildlife through solid walls is beyond me. The dogs were barking in camp the other night, then next morning Donzo found fresh poop about a hundred yards away. Hopefully all will hibernate soon.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
Just noticed mom and cub came by last night too. I would like a new game camera which has a faster trigger time, greater sensitivity and perhaps can capture improved nighttime color images. Any recommendations? View attachment 185270

Guess dog was right when she barked at 3:30 and 6:30 this morning. How they can hear, smell or see the wildlife through solid walls is beyond me. The dogs were barking in camp the other night, then next morning Donzo found fresh poop about a hundred yards away. Hopefully all will hibernate soon.
Fred, check out www.chasingame.com. If you cant get your answer there then it doesn't exist!

Tom

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
Neighbor's pond enclosure took a hit other night when a bear finished foraging and forgot where the gate was. Guess he was too heavy to climb over.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I don't want 5 Chinese cocks anywhere near my field. Harro no sank you prease.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
This summer I took my daughter on her first motorcycle trip. We were up in northern Ontario and I wanted to show her where my grandparents lived about 30 kms into the bush. About a week later a friend sent me these pics of 2 lynx on the same road. Don't think my daughter would have gotten over that easily. Ok ok I don't think I would have gotten over that easily.
1150335_10151834185724516_1010914111_n.jpg 1185693_10151834183724516_1189781721_n.jpg 1235263_10151834189774516_115679887_n.jpg

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
Where's Goldilocks 'Cause I've Got the Three Bears?

Wow, very good lynx photos!

Mom, cub and a yearling I assume came by yesterday morning. Pics are a bit blurry but you can see the ursine parade march through my gate. View attachment 185448 bear2.jpg bear3.jpg

·
Registered
19,778 Posts
Stepped outside at dusk last night and spooked one of the adolescents of local cougar family from about fifty feet away. Seemingly stalking deer nibbling on my fruit trees, cat shot downhill in a flash. Fraction of second later a doe bolted uphill while my dogs went in overdrive barking. Fortunately we were in fenced rose garden otherwise dogs would wanted to chase and tree the cat. Wow, is rare to see cougars even though I live in their home range, they must always see me first and silently fade away or freeze in place..

21 - 40 of 48 Posts