TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I really am thinking of purchasing a Cycle Rack. I know they are wide to start with. My problem is the look of it, and I have "mini led" signal lights. I am just not sure with the rack on it will look good with the current signal lights I have now. If someone has aftermarket lights, mini ones preferred, can you please post some pictures of the rear, just so I can make up my mind. Thank you

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
Hey Rocky,

These are not exactly mini turn signals but they are shorter and smaller than stock. Like you, I wasn't sure that I liked the look of the Cyclerack, but it kind of grows on you and now TW's look kind of naked without one. Hope this helps you decide.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Beauty is such a subjective thing.

A man who has to dig a lot of holes may find an expertly designed and crafted shovel beautiful.

In the same way, a man who wants to haul pretty much anything lighter than a spare TW on the back of his TW may find the Cycleracks rear rack beautiful.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the help so far everyone. I know its not a big deal of how it looks, more important is what it can do.

This is my tailight and signals right now. I am not sure if I like the OEM rack.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks for all the help so far everyone. I know its not a big deal of how it looks, more important is what it can do.

This is my tailight and signals right now. I am not sure if I like the OEM rack.

If you got a cyclerack it would make your license plate seem smaller HA HA

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Also thank you to all that have gave advice or shown pictures. As like TW-Brian said, it's kind of one of those things that can make you unsure. I'm glad to hear that everyone is happy with the cycle racks. I will most likely get my own as well. I like the rugged look of them.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks! What size is it? How do you like it? It looks like it may be a little friendlier than the Bighorn on the street.

Its the Maxxis MU07 Ceros Front 26X9.00R14

More info here: http://tw200forum.com/forums/77341/ShowPost.aspx

Ive never rode a dub with any other ATV tire so I cant comment on its difference on/off road.

On the street I can tell you the tire makes turn in a bit more difficult. Its not unstable in the turns but the bike wants to "stand up" which is probably a result of the squared off sidewall. Its surprisingly not very noisy on the street and Ive done 70-100 mile runs on the highway no problem.

In the dirt the tire just grips.... Mud, sand, gravel... doesn't matter.

Even with that monster of a tire I picked up a nail that was big enough to puncture the tube.

When the tire goes flat the sidewall gets wedged within the swing arm and the bike cant be moved. If I remember correctly the bighorn has tougher sidewalls that allow the bike to roll, even if flat.

As far as the rack goes, Real quality piece which can hold the kitchen sink. I have the Yamaha Rack on my '02, side by side there is no comparison to the Cyclerack.

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
i guess it depends on what you want it to look like and what you need out of a rack...cycleracks is by far the best you can get...good design and doubles as crash protection...myself i went with a moose expedition rack cause i don't lug around a ton of weight...it works for me...added in smaller signals, a new tail light/plate light and a home made license plate bracket...

with tubes and crate...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts