TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My daughter has ridden about 100 miles on her TW and the odometer shows nearly 2400 since the last fillup. The trip odometer shows 92. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
24 Posts
How would someone prove something like this? An old electrician I used to work with, somehow found out his car was an old demo model and had the odometer rolled back. This was years ago. He went to them with whatever proof he had and told them he was going to go to the local news. He ended up with a brand new trade in every three years!

·
Registered
54 Posts
My tripometer (im sure odometer too, but noticed the trip right off the bat) is doing sort of the same thing right now. I think it has to do with my loose speedo cable though. Ever since my cable started falling out my tripometer jumps to like 200+ an I know I've only gone like 15 miles. It's falling out because the beveled edge the nut grabs is worn so much it sometimes pulls though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My tripometer (im sure odemeter too, but noriced the trip rigjt off the bat) is doing sort of the same thing right now. I think it has to do with my loose speedo cable though. Ever since my cable started falling out my tripometer jumps to like 200+ an I know I've only gone like 15 miles. It's selling our because the beveled edge the nut grabs is worn so much it sometimes pulls though.
I'll go and check it out. Thanks for the input!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Well, it is a mechanical devise, and it can fail! I'd take it back to the dealer where you bought it and show them! They should have papers on file when you purchased it showing the correct mileage. Not sure what can be done about it other then the dealer ordering a new odometer and setting it to the correct mileage if possible. But I do know that any dealer sellng a vehicle with an odometer that's messed up can lead to legal issues.

I'm sure they would take care of the issue! But dont wait, get it back to them ASAP!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts