TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sorry to hijack this thread, but if change from 14/50 to 14/47... do I need to remove the 2 extra links? Thanks

·
Registered
353 Posts
I didn't. When I went to an o-ring chain I also went to a 47T rear sprocket and the 122-link o-ring fit fine. My chain tensioners are one postion before the #7 position.

·
Registered
45 Posts
You "could" keep the same # of links, but removing 2 brings it back to the full normal adjustment range. OMM.

I didn't. When I went to an o-ring chain I also went to a 47T rear sprocket and the 122-link o-ring fit fine. My chain tensioners are one postion before the #7 position.
Okok... thanks guys, I'm changing to a 47 soon.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Ya it works..........................................."BUT" You only have two numbers left... If you go with the 120 then yo are starting out between #1/#2..... With 7 notches left. OMM.

·
Registered
7,211 Posts

I would do what you did -- leave it at 122 links. Later, if you can't adjust the chain tension because the "snails" are at their limit then you can remove a link from the chain. It is a 2 minute job and no big deal.

If on the other hand you decide you don't really want a 47t sprocket but want to go back to the 50t or even a 52t sprocket you already have the chain to do it. I use the same chain for 50t and 55t sprockets.

A good quality well cared for o-ring chain / sprocket set up should last a long long time with very little adjustment,. The key is keep them clean and lubed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts