TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

A friend of mine was kind enough to share his pictures of a recent trip that he and a friend took recently on their Royal Enfield.

Who's There? A Trip to Dashavatara Temple on a Royal Enfield by Sabya Sachi Ghosh

Here is another trip another friend of mine took as well (again, in India):

Sariska National Park on a Royal Enfield

Pictures were just too nice not to share. Though they aren't necessarily of TW200's, the things these guys are doing on their Royal Enfields certainly qualify them as adventure bikes in their own right...

Enjoy!

BSJ :cool:

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would say that the Royal Enfields have an advantage over a lot of bikes that at least they can be worked on by most riders. They are simple and old school. When I had a Ural Gear Up I could keep it running when a lot of high tech bikes would be waiting for a tow.

For me it was like working on a tractor. :D

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd have to completely agree with you! As well, given how incredibly versatile these bikes are, it doesn't surprise me so many people are turning to them as small adventure bikes. The guys in India are going places where BMW GS' are having a hard time breathing (18 thousand plus above sea level) and given their significantly lower weight than a GS you won't wrench your back trying to lift the thing up should you fall... oh, lets not forget the roughly 85 mpg too... :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Great pictures! A friend used to commute on a Vespa in Naroda traffic 2 up. He always craved a Royal Enfield even after moving to the USA. I recommended a Honda which he sneered at.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Believe it or not, I bought the first C5 that was sold in the USA, If I hadn't got hurt and had to sell everything I'd still be riding it. Darn fine little bikes in my opinion.
Royal Enfield Buzz Blog ? Meet Dannie Mullins: owner of the first C5 sold in the USA
Would you believe me if I told you I was in fact the first person in the Republic of Ireland to actually buy the first Bullet EFI back in 2009! It's the bike pictured as the cover page for my blog! :smiley:

Thanks for the link, lovely piece of history there for you! :cool:

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts