TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last weekend's Buddy Ride.
We start early following old animal, Native American and White Eye pioneering routes over the Pacific Crest. Close but no cigar, too many snow drifts in the hollows and shady north facing slopes. An attempt to reach Yuba Pass didn't pan out thus a circuitous route back saw a good 85 miles and lengthening shadows by time we returned to El Rancho TW, a.k.a. Big Sky Ranch.
Once back we BBQ-ed for our ladies, told a few tall tales over beverages then later slept rather well.

720i resolution 30 frames per second

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here is something from the other evening riding on far side of river I rarely visit:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Last weekend's Buddy Ride.
We start early following old animal, Native American and White Eye pioneering routes over the Pacific Crest. Close but no cigar, too many snow drifts in the hollows and shady north facing slopes. An attempt to reach Yuba Pass didn't pan out thus a circuitous route back saw a good 85 miles and lengthening shadows by time we returned to El Rancho TW, a.k.a. Big Sky Ranch.
Once back we BBQ-ed for our ladies, told a few tall tales over beverages then later slept rather well.

720i resolution 30 frames per second

Nice ride and video Fred. What was the temp up high there? We are approaching 90s now with lows around 70 here on the Gulf Coast of Alabama.

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
Going for another night ride. I take it this was Adam's improved campsite? Was the video suppose to end at the 1:55 ish point. I don't see anything after this point but the video goes to about 12:00

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, I do not know why second video got posted with some 10 additional minutes of blackness, please ignore.. This comes as a surprise..not like I was riding in a dark mine shaft for those ten minutes videoing away. Odd... Sorry if you waited with baited breath for any excitement to come .

Yes admiral, indeed the primitive camp site at end of road was improved with care by Adam and his best friend from the typical abused sites one normally sees on public land.. No trash, no ash heaps from an immaculate constructed and maintained fire pit, a multitude of chairs and benches, tables in good repair, stacked firewood, clear flowing stream, etc. If this place was easier to find easier people could easily abuse it so it's location is something I am not willing to share. We should have hauled camp gear to spend the night.

The first movie was from last weekend when we had a bit of a heat wave so saw 50 degrees in the morning with a max of mid-60's at higher elevations as day progressed. Below freezing right now but should be up into 80's in three days, 90's by next weekend. Darn climate keeps changing almost weekly...15 above average followed by 15 below average seems to be the new average.:cool:

·
Registered
13,641 Posts
This week has been really rainy here so keep the video's coming.

·
Registered
20,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I shall join Boarder255 and Adam-in-Nevada Monday for a Memorial Day ride in the many miles of forested singletrack of Burlington Ridge ORV off Hwy 20. Tight and twisty means I may stand a chance of keeping up with their 6-speed 250cc fuel injected alternatives to the TW. Stay tuned.:cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts