TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here again is the adult interpretation. tcepilog and I have shown this before but since I haven't found a US distributor I can only watch, and re-watch and wait for the real thing..

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Fred,

I was so intrigued by this I watched every video I could find on YouTube about it. Don't remember who posted it originally but I am positive I threw a "like" their way. So cool.

Tom

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Way cool dude! Tom, could we wheelie these things or just fall off the back?
I would like to try electric trials biking, I have some terrain. I'ld be crashing a lot like in the Blooper portion but this old dog isn't too old to learn some new tricks. Better balance and co-ordination exercise than at the gym.
I wonder if the airlines would let Tom fly out with one to Moab next year?:p

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are British and need to chase down price, availability and competition if any here. Perfect christmas gift for your kids, then you can borrow it when they are not looking. Take it to work and chase secretaries around office while kids are at school; drain that battery!

·
Registered
6,353 Posts
Way cool dude! Tom, could we wheelie these things or just fall off the back?
I would like to try electric trials biking, I have some terrain. I'ld be crashing a lot like in the Blooper portion but this old dog isn't too old to learn some new tricks. Better balance and co-ordination exercise than at the gym.
I wonder if the airlines would let Tom fly out with one to Moab next year?:p
I could fall off the back with the best of them! I actually have a guy I work with everyday that is trying to purchase two of them for his grandkids. I asked if he would adopt me but no luck:( The likelihood of them allowing me to fly with one is slim unless I could package it as a medical device.....Hmmm. Now my brain hurts.

Tom

·
Registered
765 Posts
I would love to be able to do stuff like that! Always wanted to. But I'm more of a trail rider. Trails.. Trials. Sounds the same if you use a strong Hollywood style hillbilly accent.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Electric bikes are coming! If you have not already, check "Jay Leno's Garage" for electric.
Electric unit took Pike's Pike run recently, 200+mph at Bonneville.
Full torque at start makes electric very cool for trials. Bat-rays are not quite here yet but not
far off. Zero makes a dual sport model, trying hard to get one of my clients to purchase
one. Too expensive for me. Personally I dream of a low emission, quiet, powerful and easy to ride unit.

·
Registered
226 Posts
funny I have been having a craving for a trials bike recently, and I too looked into electric but size and price is still out there. So I will look for a used 250 -290 for the spring time

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I saw one of the Zero bikes on the street here in Wichita about a month or so ago. Very intriguing. A little pricey for my budget, but very cool.

Tom

·
Registered
19,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, the $13,500 Zero seems expensive compared to Oset 20 @ $2,850, especially since both will become outdated quickly in an ever evolving new industry with ever improving efficiencies in speed controllers, batteries, frame construction and reliability.

·
Registered
765 Posts
It's too early in development for me to consider electric. Plus, I like the sounds and smells of my tw! When gas prices go up 5 or 6 more dollars, then we can talk.

·
Registered
485 Posts
th3E1LTFB2.jpg Check this sucker out. KTM has introduced an electric dirt bike. I believe they also have a dual sport in development. The shape of things to come I guess. If fossil fuels ever deplete completely, I may have to round up the neighborhood crackheads and squeeze them til petroleum products come out to keep the TW going.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Kid's got balance, lookin' like a regular Jarvis!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts