TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Many thanks to the posting on changing the oil. I did loosen the srcew on the head to verify top end lubrication. Wow what a mess. I loosened the screw of couple of turns, nothing...couple of more, nothing, took it all the way out, oh yeah! we have oil flow to the head, dang what a mess. I do have it all cleaned up now, ready for more riding. These darn newbies have to learn the hard way. Again Thank You all for this forum and all the expierience, with very helpful tips to keep the my machine running perfectly.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Been there... I also stripped the phillips head on the bolt and got really pissed until I realized I could just use a socket or wrench. I really am an idiot sometimes.
LIVE AND LEARN

·
Registered
663 Posts
I agree with your sentiments regarding the tech help resources on this board. It's one of the things that makes this place so great.

I wonder if there is a way to make a "sight glass" or small sight tube that one could screw into that port merely to verify oil flow without the mess, them remove and plug with the original screw once flow has been confirmed?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I agree with your sentiments regarding the tech help resources on this board. It's one of the things that makes this place so great.

I wonder if there is a way to make a "sight glass" or small sight tube that one could screw into that port merely to verify oil flow without the mess, them remove and plug with the original screw once flow has been confirmed?

I think the idea is to bleed air out of the system as well as verify top end flow. Probably best to just put up with the mess.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
When I do an oil change I don't mess with the screw. Just start the bike and let it idle a few minutes before riding off.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Pull the plug wire, put your finger over the hole and spin the starter til there's oil.

I've become as jaded as Qwerty about this.. One day it's gunna bite me in the butt. lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts