TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm just wondering how often other forum members change their oil. the manual suggests about 3100 miles between oil changes after the break-in period. This seems like a long time between changes. after the break-in i've been changing my oil and filter every 1000 miles. Disclaimer: I'm not trying to start an oil brand debate, just intervals.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i like to "see through the oil in the window" which is every 1k miles or if the oil gets too dark at about 6 months. Take care of your fluids and your hard parts will take care of themselves.

·
Registered
866 Posts
It depends. If you ride mostly street, 3000 is ok. If you're riding mostly tight, gnarly trails, 1000 is probably good.

I just simply check the oil to see how it looks, and weigh in the type of riding i've done, and change it when I think it needs it.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
It depends. If you ride mostly street, 3000 is ok. If you're riding mostly tight, gnarly trails, 1000 is probably good.

I just simply check the oil to see how it looks, and weigh in the type of riding i've done, and change it when I think it needs it.

+1 ^^^^

Bag

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
When I can't see the back of the oil window I change the oil.

·
Registered
512 Posts
That's what I like about our bikes. Low maintenance. Just give it what it needs when it needs it, and it'll run forever. Kind of like my beat up old Dodge Ram.

Dan

·
Registered
136 Posts
The cost of an oil change is minimal. Cheap insurance to change it often. just change the oil and not the filter between the recommended service times to save time and the cost of the filter.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I change the oil on all my dirt bikes once a year and ensure it's kept topped off the rest of the year......never really kept track of miles.........I'm picking up my first tw200 as a new toy....this week.....It will likely go into the same rotation........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts