TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.

So I did my fisrt oil change at about 100 miles (actually 156 Kms - I'm in Canada) yesteday. I followed the TDubs Kids's youtube video to the letter and everything went well. That said, I came out of the houes this a.m. and noticed something sitting on the inside of the skid plate. It was an o-ring. No idea how I missed it yesterday. I definitely checked the large o-ring on the drain plug and the tiny one on the drain screw and they both went back in exactly as removed for cleaning. When I checked it against the package of new o-rings I recently received from Pro-Cycle for future oil changes, it matches the second smallest one (Pro-Cycke's pic below). There was no mention of one that size in the video. I am just wondering if it is for the filler cap (as it fits it perfectly). I am supposed to be heading into the hills Sunday and don't want a dramas.

Any info/opinions most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

C

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, there should be an o-ring on the filler cap. Sometimes it comes off with the cap and sometimes it stays on the side cover. If you used a funnel to replenish your oil, it could have been displaced taking the funnel in and out.
Great thanks. I just didn't want a leak.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Yes, there should be an o-ring on the filler cap. Sometimes it comes off with the cap and sometimes it stays on the side cover. If you used a funnel to replenish your oil, it could have been displaced taking the funnel in and out.
Brian to the rescue once again. Swift, and accurate!

Marty

·
Registered
557 Posts

Biggest to smallest.....Oil Filter Cover, Oil Drain Plug, Oil Fill Cap, Oil Drain Bolt on Oil Filter Cover

·
Registered
652 Posts
What a fantastic April Fool's joke your neighbor has played on you!

I once poured a baggie full of antifreeze under a coworker's Suzuki Bandit. He still loves me.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts