TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rolled the ATC185 today and oil started coming out of the exhaust. It landed upside down and about a minute later i noticed i thin steady stream coming out. Do I just need to check it and top it off or something more?

·
Registered
20,391 Posts
Those three wheelers can roll and just as easily ball up you too Jon. Lucky there wasn't a steady stream of Jon leaking out. honda-atc-185-10.jpg

How much oil leaked out would you estimate? A long lasting trickle or did it lessen and go away?

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those three wheelers can roll and just as easily ball up you too Jon. Lucky there wasn't a steady stream of Jon leaking out. View attachment 40145

How much oil leaked out would you estimate? A long lasting trickle or did it lessen and go away?
Maybe a cup of oil, I haven't started it since. I was going up a hill and it died so i jumped off to the side and it rolled back down while i watched. Bounced off a tree landed upside down and only damage was broken front brake lever. Thats a nice one! Mine has the little trunk thing and no rack, oh and a clarke tank. No suspension either its an '80. Am I safe to start it if the oil is back to normal level.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I believe you have nothing to worry about... It's not unusual for oil to travel through the crankcase breather into the intake & out the exhaust. Usually creating great plooms of smoke, kind of like the "Bat Mobile" smokescreen. Pull your plug, spray a little wd40 down the spark plug hole, pull the starter about a dozen times, install a new plug, top off oil, run bike for 5 to 10 min, it should clear up.

One more thing, check your air filter, it could be saturated with crankcase oil, & will need to be cleaned if that's the case. m.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
"Lucky there wasn't a steady stream of Jon leaking out." - I think this is definitely a candidate for TW forum quote of the day lol.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is a great picture of the aftermath with Jon's upside down ATC. Did it shed the fire extinguisher, which is a handy safety item to have around?
Nope its an old one that has already been used I think. Thanks everyone! Running good now. Yesterday I wheelied over! And people saw it:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts