TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone and greetings from Ukraine!

Us here (the local TW and XT owners) have manufactured a small number of oil filter cover adapters with banjo connectors to be able to install oil coolers. When we ordered them there was a minimum order size, which was larger than the number of us here. Now we have a few leftover units. So if anyone is interested, we will gladly sell them for 30 dollars a piece, complete with M12 banjo fittings. The shipping to US should come to around 20 dollars, so the total price should be around 50.

If you require a complete kit with hoses, clamps and a radiator, that can be arranged also, but will cost extra.

I am attaching some photos of the adapter on my bike. If anyone is interested, I will take more pictures of the internals.

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail2.jpg

·
Registered
351 Posts

Us here (the local TW and XT owners) have manufactured a small number of oil filter cover adapters with banjo connectors to be able to install oil coolers. When we ordered them there was a minimum order size, which was larger than the number of us here. Now we have a few leftover units. So if anyone is interested, we will gladly sell them for 30 dollars a piece, complete with M12 banjo fittings. The shipping to US should come to around 20 dollars, so the total price should be around 50.

If you require a complete kit with hoses, clamps and a radiator, that can be arranged also, but will cost extra.

I am attaching some photos of the adapter on my bike. If anyone is interested, I will take more pictures of the internals.

View attachment 169153

View attachment 169161
Excellent!
How much for a complete kit shipped to the UK?

·
Registered
587 Posts

View attachment 169153

View attachment 169161
How about pics with the cooler mounted, peeps wanna see the whole deal ;)

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I like the banjo fittings wish somebody would make these with the fitting facing away from the exhaust header

I'm sure they will cool just fine but the Jap coolers always seem to angle upwards as well but they often use down pipes on the street bobbers so it works out

I'd like to see the back side picks your prices are excellent!!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Grewen, that's the "out" fitting, the oil is already hot there. The "in" fitting is lower. That's true that the top one is close to the exhaust, but if you compare the oil to air temperature difference the warmth from the exhaust is not much of a factor. In fact, I can hold my hand at the same distance from the pipe and it's far from burning, whereas I would surely burn it with oil.

Gulfrider, the pics are coming. I currently have the line looped, as the temps are low and my trip to work is short, so I really need to get that oil to operating temp. But once the weather warms up I will be running a copper pipe around the frame. Some guys here mount an aluminium rad, I can include that option in the kit(pic attached). I will mount one on my bike over the weekend I think and take some pics to show you guys.

View attachment 169321

·
Registered
552 Posts
I might be interested in one. If anyone planning on attending the NE Oregon gathering in June also wants one, let me know and we could split the shipping costs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes, the shipping will be about the same.

Though, I have to inform you that the whole batch has been sold.

More can be manufactured if there is demand. The prices will stay the same:

- 50 US dollars for the adapter complete with M12 banjo fittings (shipped to US)
- 90 dollars for a complete kit, complete with hoses, clamps and an aluminium rad, like the one on the picture in my previous posts (shipped to US)

Shipping to other destinations will have to be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.

Thanks for your interest, everyone.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Mountain yawp, koolhandlink makes 2, I also have one more private request, so just 2 more and I can order the manufacturing.

Anyone else?

Koolhand, will probably mount the rad over the weekend and take some pics.

I used paypal

1 - 20 of 70 Posts