TW200 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Hi everyone,

I (partially) mounted a rad on my bike this weekend. I did not have proper fittings for the rad (they have to be ordered from a nearby town), so I was not able to connect the hoses. Also, the clamps which I picked up to mount the rad turned out to be too long, so it was not completely tight. But the general idea and look is clear,in my opinion.

View attachment 170209

View attachment 170217

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I dont believe anyone can see your pictures. The quick reply box is broken and pictures posted via that method do not always display. Please repost your pictures from the "Advanced Mode" - go advanced button. You'll see it down on the bottom right when in regular post mode. I know people really want to see your pics.

Hi everyone,

I (partially) mounted a rad on my bike this weekend. I did not have proper fittings for the rad (they have to be ordered from a nearby town), so I was not able to connect the hoses. Also, the clamps which I picked up to mount the rad turned out to be too long, so it was not completely tight. But the general idea and look is clear,in my opinion.

View attachment 170209

View attachment 170217

Reactions: Jon62602

·
Registered
252 Posts
I would like a complete kit, but its looking like it might be best to get a few of us Americans together to save on shipping. Is someone willing to breakup the shipment and send out the individual orders when it gets here? I will volunteer if no one else wants to.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Brian, looks quite neat with the clamp properly bent and tightened

I was on a business trip for a week and did not have time to work on the bike.

YBW and Fishbyte, I am adding you to the list. It seems I may have enough to negotiate an order at the machining shop, will keep you guys informed.

As for the shipping, I can send the package to YBW, for those who agree

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Good news guys, the machining shop said they will take the order.

Currently the people who have expressed interest are as follows:
- mountain yawp
- koolhandlink
- fishbyte
- YBW

I will PM every one of you and those who have requested privately to receive confirmations and find out if you would like to split shipping with YBW, if he is OK with it.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I guess that's for everyone to decide. I don't really know how much it would save, but I'm also kinda cheap. I'm fine with whatever everyone decides.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Maxpower, that's correct.

As it stands now not many have expressed interest in splitting the shipping, so I would say the general consensus is for each to pay his own.

I have placed the order at the machining shop, I will let everyone know once it's ready, collect the addresses and inform about the payment. It will be via Paypal. The packages will have a tracking number, too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hello,
I would like two of the oil cooler adapters.
Ship to California 92530, how do you want payment?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Good news guys, the machining shop said they will take the order.

Currently the people who have expressed interest are as follows:
- mountain yawp
- koolhandlink
- fishbyte
- YBW

I will PM every one of you and those who have requested privately to receive confirmations and find out if you would like to split shipping with YBW, if he is OK with it.
I tried to order one but apparently, it didn't happen.

Please include me for one complete kit and let me know how much and where/how to send payment.

Thanks...

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
I like TW-Brian's hose routing.
It just might possibly get rid of necessity I have of removing the exhaust header and oil filter cover to get cooler hoses out of way so that I can remove a starter motor. Starter has a horrible screech that I believe is a bad bushing.:(
Re-doing the hoses will just be another part of re-Gizmoing the Mr.Gizmo TW.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Fred,
I like and try'd to route both my new adapters from Ken, but with CA. canisters it just won't work.
We're trying all kinds of clever ways to cool and protect.
Sent the adapters from Ken out to get edges removed then polished prior to installation.
Will post once completed.

21 - 40 of 73 Posts