TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Mounting points are at different lengths. Same is true of the engine side covers. And lots of other stuff.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
Been that way since 1987. Be advised that the torque values in the manual are too high for repeated usage. Use 85% of the published values and you will never stretch those bolts.....and the Allen bolt has different values from the hex heads, and it also has an O-ring.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The Allen one is what we call a special bolt and it allows oil passage to the head. Make very sure these bolts/screws return to the holes they came out of.

GaryL

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just noticed on my brand new 2019 TW that I have two different types of oil filter cover screws. Do you guys have the same or did they just run out of the correct screws when they built my bike?
Yes mine has two different one to and its a 19 model

·
Registered
420 Posts
Something I (and a lot of folks I learned from here) do is use the cardboard method of keeping track of bolts you pull during maintenance, just grab a slab of cardboard, rough sketch the cover on the cardboard and poke the bolts through in the location they came out in your drawing.

Or get a good service manual that will tell you where they go. Either way It'll help till you are familiar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts