TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
guys can you tell me how the outer bearing and seal on the sprocket /engine cover gets its oil. I did a chain and front sprocket change ..with seals and there was oil in the outer bearing..not sure how it made its way in there...thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
The oil travels through the output shaft (the shaft with the sprocket on it). It comes out the end and lubricates the bearing and drains back to the crankcase through a hole in the side over.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there you go..today is not a wasted day..I have learnt something new.....I did not notice the hole on the end of the shaft.....thanks

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
All of us at one time had these same concerns , it's an old design.....but it works, QUITE WELL....ahhh , simplicity.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Interesting. Then what is the fix? New gasket somewhere? Just tighten stuff down? Loose screw? One of our Tdubs has an oily film over the front sprocket area.
cnc200

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
Output shaft -- inner seal and outer seal; shift shaft seal; new gasket for the side cover; drain plug isn't leaking -- and you still have an oil leak? Are you sure it just isn't cast off oil from the chain? Check the neutral light switch. It is down along the bottom and the plastic insulation breaks down and it starts to drip -- it happened to one of my TW's.

P1300824.JPG

Red arrows point to leak.

·
Registered
7,093 Posts
It is hidden under the left side cover. Red arrow points to it. If you lean the bike over you may be able to see it and see if it is leaking.

nss.jpg nss1.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts