TW200 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Darnold and I decided to trailer the t-dubs up near Detroit lake and do some riding Saturday. We decided to make the Olallie Lake loop to start off. There is one way in that takes you past several small lakes and lots of beautiful scenery. The road is rough, and we actually saw several cars including a BMW attempting it. Once we got to Olallie Lake we took the boring gravel road out the other side and back to the pavement. We ran a few trails in the area before heading home.

Taking a break.

One of the views.

On a trail.

Small lake on the road in.

This is one of the rough spots in the road.

Pretty smooth riding here.

Darnold messing around back at our campspot.

Here is a short video from one of the rougher trails we found.

http://youtu.be/PDHiGa7PaIw

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go Pro 2. Just got it this Summer, really enjoying it. I have been neglecting the poor t-dub lately since I got a DR650. This was a perfect ride for the t-dub! Definitely reaffirmed I need to keep it around! So much fun to ride and easy to handle in the rough stuff.

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
I always enjoy finding a lake or pond. Not so much of a fisherman, just for the scenic view. Did you follow a trail along the powerline? I often find those are some challenging trails.

Always enjoy your's and DArnold's little trips. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It was a fun ride, not super hard core but nice and relaxing with some challenging stuff thrown in. The road is only open a few months out of the year because of snow. My t-dub has been getting neglected since I got a DR650 so it was fun to get back on the old t-dub! Before this trip the thought of selling her had entered my mind... Those thoughts are gone now! Way too much fun to ride in the rough stuff!

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
That looks like a friggin' fun time! I'm glad to see my fellow northweterners getting out enjoying the T-dub!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Nice little write-up B! Thanks for doing it. I'm still wondering if that low clearance 1980's BMW car (with mom-driving, dad, and kids) made it through...?
They looked happy and not in distress, so maybe they're cool with the risk (the road is more challenging than the pics show). Sad thing is, almost every winter, this high elevation road claims a rig or two in the snow and a rescue is needed. Then the government starts closing off the roads due to people not knowing how to judge the risk. Then we get shut out of our lands. (sigh)...

OK, enough rant.

The area is definitely gorgeous. One of my famorite places to ride. I need a gopro to capture more riding pics and video!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts