TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some time in the early 1990s I was out at a buddies camp. We had permission to ride the neighbors far. As long as we stayed out of his worked fields. Lots of tractor paths and old logging trails to enjoy. But on day two the farmer had cut some new drainage for a field that he was gonna start working. That afternoon I came bombing around a bend in the woods to find the new channel two feet deep and as wide as the bulldozer that had cut it. I hit the pile of dirt that had been pushed to the side. The poor bike went straight up. I landed on the top of the pile. The bike landed on its taillight in the middle of the new ditch. Lesson learned. The trail may be good today and gone tomorrow. Always take a slow turn around to make sure. At any rate this was how I patched her up 20 some years ago. Not pretty. But solid.

broken tail.jpg

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my first broken collar bone hitting a log coming around a blind corner. It was not there the previous day and was real fun riding back home.
I was fortunate. No real injury past a few bruises. And I didn't blame the farmer. He was just working his land. The error was mine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts