TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure where I should post these, since they are not TWs, not really current bikes anybody owns{would like to have them for sure}...guess I could use the Official Photo Thread...blah, blah, blah, but here they are with question to follow:

Cecil on MC 2.jpg Sidecar 1c.jpg

First photo is my Aunt Cecil(1901-1991) one of my dad's older sisters, on a Motorbike about 1920....cool bike anybody have any Idea what it is....? Tried blowing it up with what I have, but cannot really read anything...

Second photo is another aunt, this one my great Aunt on my Grandmother{dad's mom} side, with her husband tooling around Scott, Ohio in the mid 1920s with sidecar in play...

any ideas? None the less these are great old time Motorcycle Photos from my family album...:)

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Definitely not Ninjas! Awesome pictures of old time motorcycles.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Very cool, obviously riding scooters runs in your family.

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I'd guess the first picture is a 1912 or 1913 Indian. Here's a pic showing a very similar leaf spring front suspension, but it has a front piece that might be missing on your aunt's. The exhaust, jugs, and cases seem to match too. The lettering on the tank in your picture doesn't look like it says 'Indian' though.
1913 indian.jpg

I'm guessing the other picture with the sidecar is of a Harley.
This 1918 HD matches a lot of features. More pics here.
1918 harley.jpg

Cool that you have those pics.:)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd guess the first picture is a 1912 or 1913 Indian. Here's a pic showing a very similar leaf spring front suspension, but it has a front piece that might be missing on your aunt's. The exhaust, jugs, and cases seem to match too. The lettering on the tank in your picture doesn't look like it says 'Indian' though.
View attachment 8954

I'm guessing the other picture with the sidecar is of a Harley.
This 1918 HD matches a lot of features. More pics here.

Cool that you have those pics.:)
Nice Job TireB...My Grandmother(1883-1975} left us with thousands of photo, postcards, and albums....her and the 2 daughters were pack rats...not to be mistaken with Hoarders...they had everything saved in a neat manner, and many of the photos were labeled with dates, names, etc, Cecil I knew by face, and great Aunt May by name on back...but the dates were left out...but my guess, both around the late 19~teens and early 20s are close....thanks for the photos, great stuff...
View attachment 8955

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A Closer View of Aunt Cecil on the "Indian" Click photo for better view: I still cannot read the lettering but it does not appear to be HD or Indian...looks perhaps like there are at least a O and a W in the wording...
Cecil on MC 2a.jpg

Now you got me really thinking...I just blew it up with my program and before it blurs, the lettering appears to have a MOW at the end? and a weird shaped "O" at the beginning, but just can't quite figure it out....

OK this will now be driving me nuts until I figure it out...:confused:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 8 of 8 Posts