TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to lurk here a lot when I was building my TW a few years ago.. I thought I was registered but I just did it again..

Anyhow, I just thought I'd visit y'all again and say thanks for all the posts and knowledge I gained from this site, as I put it to use this last weekend as my trusty TW packed out the biggest deer I've ever harvested. This was a 5 mile ride down a steep, nasty cat cut fire break near Twisp, WA. This pic was taken at the bottom when I reached the truck.

The deer is on a rack I fabbed using a CT90 rack and some tubing to replicate the cycle racks mounting spots.

I just picked up another TW for my son and it needs a LOT of work, so you'll be hearing from me as we get into it.

Thanks again for being here...
Mark

image.jpg

·
Registered
25 Posts
a few years back I bought a roll up sled/drag from cabela's, it is blue supper tuff nylon/plastic with holes along the edges, you lay the deer in in and lace him up, I have used it many times and look forward to dragging it behind the tw

·
Registered
487 Posts
Nice buck! I have transformed my stock 95 to a gnarly bow hunting rig that I chase whitetails with. I thought that I may pack one out as you did, but maybe a combination of using the dead sled for the woods, and the rack for the road is a better idea. I promised myself that I would not post a pic without the required meat attached. You have set the bar incredibly high with that buck! Congrats and keep the rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
240 Posts
Wow that's ballsy! I don't think I'd tempt it but I can see it being easier on the back than pulling by hand. The antlers would look pretty cool attached to the forks as would the fur (furry side out) stapled as a seat cover. Heck, you could even polish up and varnish/seal some of the bones and mount them in various functioning or non-functioning parts of the bike and re-christen her the "Meat-Wagon". Mount the skull in place of the cowl with a couple of projector lamps through the eye sockets and freak people out with it.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
That's definitely one big-bodied deer from the looks of it. Some pretty creative knotcraft, too. lol. Not sure which I admire most. And on a CT90 rack.

·
Registered
3,458 Posts
I put it to use this last weekend as my trusty TW packed out the biggest deer I've ever harvested. This was a 5 mile ride down a steep, nasty cat cut fire break near Twisp, WA. This pic was taken at the bottom when I reached the truck.
WHEW! Good thing you didn't have to negotiate a single track through the trees!!:p

·
Registered
23 Posts
Kalamark is a LEGEND in the Rokon universe, as close to a Rokon celebrity as there is, maybe, possibly, perhaps.....
His knowledge, humor, and great writing will be a welcome addition to the TW200 forum.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
i'm vegan.

;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't know how wide his antlers are, how much he weighed, how tall his antlers are, what his B&C score is... None of that.

I gave my hanging scale to a buddy who cuts meat, the cape, head, rack and meat are at another buddy's place who is a Taxidermist, and I'm just dang happy to have brought the thing home.

I'm a simple hunter.... I feel the itch and need to hunt as the leaves begin to change, and frankly, I shoot the first legal deer I see during deer season, and shoot the first legal Elk I see during Elk season. Hopefully, I find a grouse or two along the way.

I merely got lucky with this guy. I've been hunting the second weekend of deer season in this area (5-6 hour drive from my house) for 9 years. I've went home empty handed 8 of those 9 years. In fact, until last Friday, I'd killed more deer in the Methow Valley area with my PICKUP BUMPER than I had with my rifle. This guy was the FIRST LEGAL BUCK I've seen in the woods up there (During shooting light) in 9 years of hunting.

If I had to guess...his skinned, gutted and headless carcass weighed #240.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Congratulations! That is a very nice buck, sure made the TW squat. You must've done a good job with the rack to haul well over 240 pounds on the back! Thanks for sharing the pic, very cool.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow - that just shows how tough these little bikes really are - and obviously the rider ain't no powder puff either! lol

Congrats on a great buck!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts