TW200 Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
In 1971 I was riding a Yamaha 125 and bought a new T500 Suzuki for highway travel and school. 25k miles the first year while going to school fill-time and working a 6×8 work week. Fast forward, those bikes are gone and the stable now includes a 1996 Vulcan Classic, a 2015 Concours and 3x TW200s. Guess which one gets ridden to work the most?

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm probably the opposite of most on here. I'm mid 50's and I have rode bikes all my life. I got my motorcycle license when I was 16. The last 20 years I have rode a Harley. I have had several. I haven't had a offroad bike since I was a kid. I have had several ATVs. I haven't rode my Harley much lately so I sold it. I still had the motorcycle itch so I bought a 2020 TW200.
The only thing it has in common with my Harley (Ultra) is they both have 2 wheels. The TW is weak, needs another gear, 55 feels like 95 on the big bike. I rode it 80 miles the first day I got it last week and my butt hurt worse than a 700 mile day on the big bike. My friends think I have lost my mind. My son rode it yesterday and said man that thing is slow.

All that said it is a BLAST. I live in the mountains of southwest Virginia and I am now on a mission to ride dirt roads.I really like this little bike. Just my 2 cents.
Seat concepts makes an improved seat for about $180.00 and an upholstery shop can add gel or foam to your seat.

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
Started out with Dual Sports, a 1974 brand spanking new Kaw 250, Graduated up to Street Bikes, 650 Yamaha to a 900 Kaw, then after a long 25 year lay off, came back to Dual Sport with the TW...both sides are good, but when I got into the TW {at 65 back then in 2014} I realized that I would not be going back to street bikes...at 71 I'm glad to be where I am...

61 - 64 of 64 Posts