TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I named my bike Rex T. Dubber. Darth pointed out that Rex was a cool old name you just don't hear anymore, so I thought it might be fun to toss a few out there. When is the last time you heard about someone naming their baby Laurence, Leonard, (not Leonardo), Clarence, Dwight, Gordon, Arliss, or Hortence? And for the ladies, Esther, Ethyl, Clarinda, Inez, Doreen, Agatha, Jezebel, Bessie, or Norma. Popular names from the 20's & 30's in Iowa and Idaho where my grandparents come from.
Anyway, thanks for playing.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
"Clarence" was my Grand Dad's name and my Dad's.
I've never heard it since.

My Grand Mother's name was Verna, my great Aunt Exa. Another Great Aunt was Peaty. Another was Myrtle. And Her friend's name was Versy. Kawasaki named a bike after her, many years later.
My buddy's Jr. High Principal was "Walley Quattlebaum". Really
I was 10 before I learned my name was not "Stop That!" My high school girlfriend re-named me that a few years later...

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Ruth is an old name that you don’t hear much. My son names his daughter Hazel and it took me a while to get use to it. All I remembered was Hazel the TV show from 1961-1966.

7C25AEE2-B7D4-427B-881F-C38A409D9D07.jpeg

I love the name Hazel now. Hazel is standing between the boys.

9B4BAB80-787F-480D-8510-21A5A9284D26.jpeg

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hrothgar, or Gertrude.

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
My mother was Gertrude, Gert or Trudy for short. I never named any of my TWs because Yamaha already had them named, 87, 88, 91, 06, 09, 13 and I never had 2 in the same year except the 06 TW and XT225.

I did have one, a 1987 that gave me nothing but trouble and I would have named it Barrack or BHO.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,305 Posts
no Glorias under the age of 70...
Ha! I graduated back in 1970 with 2 Waneta's and don't hear that name much any more either. Wonder why?

GaryL

·
Registered
1,934 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
My grandma and my mother’s name is Ina, thankfully it ended with them! My other grandma was Bessie, I’m pretty sure we also had a cow named Bessie too. Uncles Sherman and Uncle Melton.
Now let’s talk about them European names........Goof, Ferry, Freek..yes, all actual names of coworkers! Makes me giggle every time I see an email from them (yes I am a bit childish!)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Pearl for the ladies and Clyde for the gents.

Tom

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Ima Hogg is the true name of the daughter of way-back Texas Governor Hogg!
Legend has it that she had sisters named, Wera and Ura. But that was Fake News. Trump said so...

A co-worker once said he had an old girlfriend named, "Freida Diddle".

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Humphrey, Orudis, Harold, Maude

1 - 19 of 19 Posts