TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would like some feedback from the group. Kinda been looking at the TW for a while to cruise a few trails on,too old to go fast any more in the dirt.
Came across a 1992 with less than 2000 miles on it. Now I know the $1500 he is asking is a bit high but what would be fair??
Thanks in advance for any feedback..

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Usual stuff. The rubber is usually original on one with that kind of mileage, batteries can be iffy, etc. It's on the upper end of value for its age, but may be worth it if it's unmolested and one or both have been replaced recently and the paperwork is payed up.

·
Registered
912 Posts
It's 21 years old. But a lot of bad can be compensated for by a careful ADULT previous owner. I never thought old tires mattered but after replacing my original '95's, I am a believer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know about batteries,tires , rust and such. The main question is about fair price as a start point .
NADA puts it about $1200 tops then down from there. It is a very stock motor home tag along. OK by me, just don't
want to feel stupid with an offer.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
12 would be fair, but reality is that they don't come up for that very often in the SoCal market. Throw it out there and see if it sticks. You're looking at 300 for tires and a battery, minimum.

What general area in SoCal?

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
I paid $1400 for my 1991 here in the NY/NJ area but it was a rare and very pristine example with just 675 miles and never registered and always garaged and cleaned after every short ride around the 68 year old original owners fields. I just did a big picture post about it in performance and customization.

I agree with Lizrdbrth about the tires being old and mine are 23 years old and hard as a rock. They do fine on the trails but I don't like the feel on pavement. I will run them this season but by spring I will have new rubber. Being a tight wad I am I hate the thought of scrapping tires that look like new as far as the tread goes.

Look the bike over for the usual hammer marks. Dings, dents, oil leaks and general abuse can easily be seen and this would determine if the bike is at the top of blue book or nearer to the bottom. I can usually get a good read how the machine was cared for by looking around at the other toys and vehicles the seller has. If it was rode hard and put away wet and dirty or worse yet, if it is stuffed over to the side looking like my wife's tread mill with clothes and other shit hanging all over it,:icon_biggrin: you might want to offer toward the lower end.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
This spring I purchased a 1997 with 3700 miles on it for 1500.00. It was in pristine condition, no scratches no marks on the hand levers or plastic. The only thing was, they had removed all of the decals for some reason. It had always been garaged. I thought I got a bargain, because it is rare they become available in this area.
Mel

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, as it turns out I was the 1st. 2nd chance and the 1st up came thru with the money. So I'll keep looking.
Thanks for everyone's help from this great site!!

·
Registered
8,310 Posts
This is stuffed

That has me LMAO! When I finally get to sell the tread mill my wife had to have it will read something like this, Great tread mill for sale. Well cared for in our basement and always covered. This puppy has extremely low miles and works just like it is new- because it is!

GaryL

1 - 13 of 13 Posts