TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
After breaking my foot April 1 and realizing how slow I heal now I'm thinking of hanging up 2 wheels and going to 4. I'm 71 and alone now and this broken foot is difficult to deal with by myself. I've had younger guys tell me I hope I can ride as good as you when I'm your age. Heading to Moab in a few days to watch others ride, that's going to be tough but I'll be camping still. This all might change after totally healed, we'll see.....

·
Registered
20,465 Posts
Hope you can resume riding Tuna for you have been an inspiration..."Shucks, if Tuna can do it I should still be able to do it too."

·
Super Moderator
5,299 Posts
I'll be 60 soon - but I hit the ground like a 180lb sack of potatoes - (figure I'm out of practice)

Used to heal fast - trouble now is, there isn't a place on my body that I haven't landed on in the past (several times) - kinda "complicates" things

I don't "feel" old - but my body disagrees at times

The trouble is, that you get used to pain, and learn to "just get on with it" – at least if it hurts, you know you’re still alive ……

If I can bitch about this stuff at 60 – at 71, you’re doing fine ……..

;)

·
Registered
435 Posts
This is fun trying to pack the camper with a walking boot, lots of extra trips in and out of the camper. Drivings fine, only if I have a automatic which I do. I wasn't going but since I can get in/out of the camper and overhead bunk I'm good to go.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Well I am 69. When I got first TW, my wife didn't speak to me for three days. When I bought the second one, she said she was just giving up.
You all may think this is old, but I just helped my 79 year old neighbor put up 1200 feet of fencing on Friday.
I was too tired to fix something to eat, but not too tired to ride the TW to Subway to eat.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well i am 75 and just bought my new TW200. My other bike is a 07 Yamaha 1700 Road Star Midnight with a Johnny Sweet Side Car. I am enjoying being on the forum and reading all the info. I am liking how easy the Tdub is to ride around and go checking out new places to ride. I have 225 miles on the bike and just put a Shinko Sr 241 on the bike as for all the post i have read. I have also made a rack and a tool tube for it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
51 here, the problem is my 15 yo brain. Broken most every type of bone but a long one, elbow, wrist and now getting over shoulder surgery. Seems like if I don't break it I tear it.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts