TW200 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted these links in another thread, but it occurred to me that many who might enjoy it may not have seen it in that thread. You can watch the cult classic motorcycle movie "On Any Sunday" free on Hulu here:

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/79438[/video]

And the sequel, containing a lot of the footage not used in the original movie and some really cool interviews with Malcom Smith and riding/racing footage of Steve McQueen here:

[video]http://www.hulu.com/watch/347635[/video]

And Mac, since you can't get the Hulu content to play in Deutchland maybe you will get lucky and this capture of "Revisited" one will at least play for you. Don't know, but give it a try.

Watch On Any Sunday (1971) Free Online

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thank's for the hint.
The youtube video works. Sometimes there is the same problem with youtube (you're in Germany, you don't have the permission to watch it.).
This afternoon I will watch it, but now I have to go to work.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm glad that worked Mac.

For those still coping with snow there is Brittown too. It isn't an old film (2008) but it's about old Triumphs, there is even some dirt biking in there.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Some people claim to have seen me in some motocross shots in On Any Sunday, but a) I've watched several times and never seen myself and b) I don't think the timing period is right.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Querty you are indeed getting old. I distinctly remember you were lined up right to my left on that MX drop gate scene.

·
Registered
24 Posts
just watched On Any Sunday on Netflix couple of months ago. Still Cool. I is the first movie I remember going to see as a kid. The Brittown flik was fun thatnks for sharing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
What a wonderful era we were able to experience.... all of the great and talented pioneers- deCoster,Hallman,Robert,Jones,Romero,Mann and many,many dozen others......the unique combination of talent,international interest and technological progress,all at their respective early stages of the sport. Never to be duplicated again.....

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So true. I bugged my dad into taking me over to Ohio to see Roger DeCoster race, I loved it. He of course had no interest, but he was a good sport about it. Years and years later I was at a vintage race in Georgia and saw this guy, way older (I was too) and the more I looked at him I was positive it was Roger. It was. I have a big picture of me and Roger hanging in my shop. I wish I could remember who the big guy was who raced during that era, but I can't. Maybe it was Marty Tripes. Since you seem to have the history down Landser, you might just enjoy this trip down memory lane...it's rather good. JODY'S SPINNING YARNS & TALES OF ADVENTURE, MYSTERY, SUSPENSE AND HIGH DRAMA: | News | Motocross Action Magazine

·
Registered
546 Posts
Thanks for posting the Brittown documentary Borneo.....I really enjoyed watching it.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lots of great nostalgic reading here. Rick Sieman: SuperHunky.com

Link goes to articles by Matt Cuddy, but there is lots of stuff by long time dirt bike writer Rick Sieman on the site too.

Some of the people who posted over in the Piers Morgan thread will find this interesting as well. Rick Sieman: SuperHunky.com

1 - 19 of 19 Posts