TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great weather and wife is busy today. Just had to go for a ride! Took the KLR because of the amount of pavement I was going to have to cover. Headed back out to the Cazenovia and Deruyter areas to do some more exploring. My target was Highland Forest but that turned out to be a highly controlled park area, with trails for everything, if it isn't motorized. Oh well, I'll just have to wander around and see what I can find.

Found some seasonal roads and some nice trails going through state land. Hilly areas with lots overlooks. A low humidity day that made it easy to see for miles.
Also found an air traffic control tower in the middle of nowhere. All kinds of warnings on the building. I expected a fleet of black helicopters to show up with special ops guys reppalling down ropes to capture me and take me to an undisclosed location for questioning.

145 miles of fun.

DSCN8773.JPG dscn8774.JPG DSCN8775.JPG DSCN8776.JPG DSCN8777.JPG DSCN8778.JPG DSCN8779.JPG DSCN8780.JPG DSCN8781.JPG DSCN8782.JPG

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Stumbled onto this trail by accident. A half mile of good trail off from a seasonal road.....right into someones back yard! KLRs need more room for a quick u-turn.:D

DSCN8787.JPG

Found this guy dead in the road. I didn't think we had porcupines around here.

DSCN8786.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Very cool! I just got in from riding out by some military bases on the Husky. Can't post pics as I'm not sure it's legal..

That's an alien ship navigation beacon you found... lucky you were not captured and transferred to another galaxy.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's an alien ship navigation beacon you found... lucky you were not captured and transferred to another galaxy.
Very lucky indeed, I would hate that rectal probe thingy they supposedly do to their detainees!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts