TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I'll amend the federal whistle blower act to permit all citizen drivers/riders in good standing ( i.e. no lawyers:p) to collect a bounty, or percentage of the traffic fines collected when they submit handlebar or dash video footage of simple safety related traffic violations. Things like no or improper turn signal use, running stop signs and red lights, failure to yield, etc.
No citations for speeding permitted since speeding is so pervasive
This core of my party platform came to me today moments after a flashless, clueless cager darted across two traffic lanes to exit the freeway. He/she came a bit close to a biker in front of me that I'm not sure the driver even saw. Wet road, could have been bad.
Anyways why not make the bad drivers fear the good drivers rather than the other way around?
I already found out they won't permit me to use paint ball guns to mark those bad driver's vehicles and thus warn others.:(
So let's issue bounties instead.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
"improper turn signal use" hmm thats an interesting item

In California and only in Cali I have not seen a turn signal used in the past 20 years I assume CA model cars are never quipped with a turn signal lever

when I forget I'm in Cali and I use my turn signals it assures my lane will be blocked and I'll never be let over lol

In Cali improper use would be using a turn signal ?

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I'd get a ticket for forgetting to turn mine off... lol.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Here in Up State NY I think the higher end vehicles, Caddys, Benz, Range Rover and the exotics must come without blinkers. Even most of the police cruisers fail to use them but they have plenty of other lights they love to use all the time.

GaryL

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unless you live in New York City where apparently drivers just use their horns then the primary form of communication between cars elsewhere is the use of turn signals. Turn signals basically announce one's intended action.
When we communicate we can be either honest or dishonest. Thus failure to use turn signals correctly I view as being dishonest, or lying.
Too simplistic? How about just plain old selfish, inconsiderate, illegal, unsafe and stupid?

Like using seat belts in the car I try to maintain the habit of always using turn signals everywhere. Never know when a bicycle, biker, or pedestrian we do not anticipate can pop up out of the blue. So I am that silly guy out in the empty woods flashing his lights at turns. Call me "Blinky".
I also treat every gun as if it is loaded. I also treat late Friday night drivers as being loaded too.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I agree with Fred. Get three different color paint ball marks on the rear of your vehicle. You get a one day suspension of your license, effective immediately. For the younger drivers this means you have to take a time out. Time to sober up or come off the high from the paint your sniffing or the drugs your on, legal or not. Get three time outs in a week you get to see the "judge" and exp.lain. Before your license is pulled.

Could use a laser tag system of some sort. Kind of like my nephews laser tag game. So the same person couldn't abuse the system.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good thinking! Chip gets a seat in the new administration as the Director of the Bureau of Bad Driver Control. I do feel the liberal application of paint balls might give somewhat better visceral gratification than a laser though. I'll wait for you Cabinet Members to weigh in with feasibility study, perhaps enact a pilot program in your home town?:D paint.jpg

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Fred I am with you on the blinkers. Placerlode is correct 90%+ of the drivers in Ca will speed up to close a gap you want to lane change into if you use your turn signals. Last night on my way home I needed to change lanes to get to my exit and a big rig was in front of me and next to me on the right in a blind spot was a vechicle. I put my turn signal on and guess what the vechicle on my right slowed down and LET me change lanes in front of them. I didn’t have to drastically slow and go behind them to get to my exit. I’ve been working on being more courteous even going so far as to make room for crazy drivers I see coming from behind. Maybe they are on the way to the hospital who knows?

So Fred what will you do about the big rigs blocking three lanes on a four lane freeway. I rarely see them in the slow lanes and now at high traffic times they are in the middle lanes now running interference.

Also my wife’s pet peeve. When you are backing out in parking lots and halfway out people will dart past you with near collisions. In their impatience they can’t stop for one second to wait to let you out of your parking spot.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Those parking lot accidents can be a liability nightmare.
An asian couple once tried to dart into my parking spot as I was backing out and clipped my front fender and wheel. This resulted in a claim to my insurance company that the side of my car ran into the front of theirs.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
In the absence of anything much of value on TV at night I often turn to Live PD. Almost every V&T stop those cops make the first question is License, Registration and proof of Insurance. Almost every answer they get is "I aint got no license" and the cars are usually not legally registered or insured. That should be automatic cuffs and a ride to jail with the car being towed to impound.

GaryL

·
Super Moderator
5,322 Posts
You'd love the UK ....

If you don't have a license, you can't have insurance - so the car gets impounded, and you get 6 points on you license (should you ever acquire one) - this amounts to half of your "allowance", and in the case of new drivers, an automatic ban requiring a re-test - in addition to this - no car tax, and the car gets impounded - not registered, and the owner of the car is in another whole world of shit ....

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
While I would like to get elected Supreme Overlord I must say I am pretty impressed with our current President
For instance just this week at out Naval Acadamy where Our President was invited to give the traditional speech the following happened:

"Trump closed his address to graduates by asking them to weigh in on whether or not he should stay."I was given an option. I could make this commencement address, which is a great honor for me, and immediately leave and wave goodbye. Or I could stay and shake hands with just the top 100. Or I could stay for hours and shake hands with 1,100 and something. What should I do? What should I do?" he asked."

They shouted "Stay!"
So he stayed and shook hands for over another 2 hours. Who last has done something like that?
Just one of many magnanimous gestures like turning a golf course over for free play by veterans and many other charitable donations of his time and money.

·
Registered
89 Posts
OK, first off, whats a turn signal?

I had a lady just a few weeks ago. We both started backing out. Suddenly she stops quickly and takes off squeezing between me and the cars parked opposite. Then I see her in the rear view throw her hands up in the air. A moment earlier we were both backing out now she's off to the races and I am hitting the breaks to maintain enough space for her. It was close.

at least 1/2 the people out there will drive on the right side of an 18 wheeler that has its right turn signal on. I watched more than a dozen do just that just a few weeks ago.

When you become supreme overlord. I see a brighter future ahead.

·
Registered
20,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My second act will be to appoint TW-Brian as Commissioner of the the Obscure Parts Administration.
After all, look what Brian just sent me...an obscure TW bit of great value to getting Betty Boop back on the road ready for her next adventure.

Thank You Very Much TW-Brian!

Now I just need to find some twins for Secretary, and Secretary to the Secretary of the Department of Redundancy Department.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Fred,
Can you also add a special provision for the lane drifting texting wile driving offenders? I suggest for them we get to swap out the paint balls for the real stuff....

·
Super Moderator
1,920 Posts
Always wanted to mount a paintball gun in the grill, for those special moments ya know.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts