TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the 31st of July 2015, this beautiful time-lapse rise of the Full Blue Moon was captured 2 ½ miles away from Cape Byron Lighthouse, on Belongil Beach, Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia.

The head land and lighthouse at Byron Bay is the most easterly point of the Australian Mainland and therefor is the first place in Australia to watch the full moon rise.

This video is made up of 1038 frames and slowed down to as close to real time as possible. The photographer has been working on perfecting this type of time lapse for over a year now after seeing the work of his favorite photographer Mark Gee.

Don't forget to breathe watching this majestic time-lapse; everything about it is just perfect, and it's a photography clinic for anyone interested in taking time-lapse.

See this stunning moonrise and appreciate just how beautiful God’s work can be.

Probably The Most Beautiful Moonrise Time-Lapse You'll Ever See

https://player.vimeo.com/video/137218768

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Sweet. You found a keeper.

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
Beautiful & awe-inspiring Tommy...thanks for the post Tommy!
Betty, Whizzer the Wonder Dog & I were lucky to witness the giant red moon & full eclipse from our campsite atop a New Mexico mountain.
Didn't get much sleep that night!
Come to Texas and I will show you a "Comanche Moon". It was actually an early terror weapon.
The early white pioneers & settlers in much of Texas were fear struck every full moon as that was when the Comanches night time raids would peak and the blood would flow.
I'm sure no one slept during those nights....

Reactions: littletommy

·
Registered
20,487 Posts
Beautifull LT. Have you seen this one of our own Black Marble?
Reminds me, I gotta go turn off the porch light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts