·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
It looks like it will be $150. cheaper then the Ruger LCR 9mm.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Pit Bull incorporates a spring-loaded lip of steel that makes full contact with the rim of the rimless cartridge. This allows the insertion and retention of the 9mm cartridge in each chamber of the cylinder. The system also allows the user to quickly eject the empties. There is no need for any half- or full-moon clips. The chambers of the cylinder are also stepped so the case mouth of the 9mm bottoms out or headspaces on the step and does not fall through the chamber.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The Pit Bull incorporates a spring-loaded lip of steel that makes full contact with the rim of the rimless cartridge. This allows the insertion and retention of the 9mm cartridge in each chamber of the cylinder. The system also allows the user to quickly eject the empties. There is no need for any half- or full-moon clips. The chambers of the cylinder are also stepped so the case mouth of the 9mm bottoms out or headspaces on the step and does not fall through the chamber.
This leads to the possibility of a failure to eject. I like the rims on my .357...

·
Registered
915 Posts
.357 mag for me in a S&W Model 19 (it is a .38 Spl but the chamber is modified to accept the longer .357 case). Or, a Sig 230 in 9mm Kurz (.380 Auto) when I want to "carry". Of course, the .357 hits harder but I usually pack the 9mm and keep the .357 in the glove box, backpack, or ?.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
9 Posts
I, my wife and both daughters carry, all with NC CCW. Mine is Glock 21 with a New York Reload (additional Glock 30). I like 45 ACP a LOT. The girls like the reliability of a revolver and the flexibility of a 357. The ability to reliably shoot low power 38 special, 38 +p, and 357 Magnum (a REAL Stopper) is a big plus. They are all capable shooters and can put a cylinder full on a paper plate from across the room. Additionally the ladies have trained with, and carry C2 Tasers. I can't always be around and I like to keep my loved ones safe. We live in a great neighborhood but last month there was an ARMED HOME INVASION NEXT DOOR I would also recommend to everyone that they teach tire changing to ALL drivers in their household if the driver is physically able. A woman sitting beside the interstate in a stationary car with a flat tire is clearly a potential target. A few minutes changing a tire (looking capable, self reliant AND having a tire tool in hand) really beats an hour wait on AAA. Youngest daughter made me proud a year ago doing a 6-7 minute tire change beside I95. After calling me to inform me of the situation and location she got busy changing the tire on her KIA. When a driver stopped and offered help she stated she was fine and had a Taser in her back pocket and he moved on. She made daddy proud.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If your state permits it an open carried Glock 21 on your hip makes great tailgater repellant for highway riding. Be sure to use a retention holster.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I like the .357 in a revolver. It's also a fine round for a tubular magazine rifle, or a single shot for a child's deer rifle. The .357 has much better downrange ballistics than many other choices.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Someday, I want to look for a .357 lever action rifle, just to have. I think Henry makes one and maybe Marlin, haven't looked in a while.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I had a Winchester before the canoe sank, but Marlin, Henry, Rossi, Taurus, Aldo Uberti, ..., there are several others. My wife preferred slide actions and fell in love with a Uberti replica of a Colt Lightning chambered in .357. Very, very sweet for Western shooting.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Someday, I want to look for a .357 lever action rifle, just to have. I think Henry makes one and maybe Marlin, haven't looked in a while.
I carry a Ruger Security Six .357 when hunting. I'm all jammed up on getting a Rossi Ranch Hand in .357
image.jpg

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
My wife carries a snubbie 357 and she likes it. She had always shot it with 38 but i loaded some 357 in it and one night She had a possum get in the chicken coop so she ran out there and shot it. She called me and saaid she felt the power and she likes it.

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
"she felt the power and she likes it."-and another .357 fan is born! How much is muzzle blast vs. muzzle velocity in a snubbie? Probably enough of both.;)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts