TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed my new tires today for riding to work and around town. Now I am wondering how the new tires (Bridgestone Trail Wing TW203 & TW204) would do on fire roads. Anyone use these off-road, if so how do they do?
DSCN3572-M.jpg

·
Registered
7,013 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
A friend of mine swapped out his knobbies on his KLR to these style wheels and actually claims they feel grippier at speed on smooth gravel roads.

·
Registered
443 Posts
In New England we have single tracks with bowling ball rocks If they are dry then its rubber

If they are wet then knobbies with HUGE spacing will cog onto them and be superior

other than that it isn't much different

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
My wife and I have that tire on the front...................... For our kind of riding it's been great...... Quiet, smooth with good control on our gravel roads around here........ The only time mine felt nervous was in the tenn. mountains on gravel with ball bearing size stones on hard pack. My wifes felt OK.. I had too much air pressure... OMM.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you for all the input. After see your replys, I am going to leave them on for a 100 mile ride to Kennedy Meadows this weekend 1/2 dirt and 1/2 black top. I will report back on Monday.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts