TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my videos is featured on Dangerous Roads WWW

My Black Lake-Smith Mtn. Lookout video was used in the Dangerous Roads website. Kind of cool someone thought enough of my video to include it in the road description.

I think the story goes like this. One of Mrs. Admirals co-workers sons who wants to go camping near Smith Mountain Idaho was doing some www research of the area. Somehow he ran across this website describing the road. Co-worker watched the video and recognized one of the riders (Mrs. Admiral) Bwahaha. The Co-worker brought it to Mrs. Admiral's attention. Interesting how things can go.

The video of our ride was in 2016. Here's the link which includes the video and road description.

https://www.dangerousroads.org/north-america/usa/6783-smith-mountain.html

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dangerous? OMG, how did you ever make it out alive? Haw. :p
As you well know, for those of us used to mountain riding it wasn't that dangerous. Sure, there were a couple of "oh shit" places on the road should you try to Evil Knievel the canyon you weren't going to come out of it unblemished but generally ok. Someone unfamiliar with mountain riding may have wanted to pack some extra diapers...just in case.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice video Admiral, no wonder you are famous!
Had it not been for Mrs. Admiral's co-worker, we would have never known. I think I've briefly visited their website once or twice in the past when it was linked somewhere on our TW Forum. Same goes for Rider Planet. I've never found it useful to me. Maybe I should go look to find your photos if I would recognize them as yours. Kind of interesting though.

·
Registered
6,355 Posts
Congrats!!! Don't let the fame and fortune go to your head.

Tom

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
GREAT VIDEO!!! Don't even THINK of moving to Idaho!!! What a horrible place!!! :violent1:
(except for gun freaks....the legislature is debating whether to pass a law requiring all adult citizens to carry a concealed firearm at all times. :angry5: )
Sorta like it was in 1860.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts